PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
My French inlaws gave me what appears to be a clay pipe. The bowl appears to be double walled.
I was curious if anyone has seen this brand before. The only really identifying mark is on the stem. It looks like 3 dots with a vertical line below it that splits out into 3 lines at the bottom.
Hopefully these images work. Sorry if the images are big
jeYMROn.jpg

dQDBq8U.jpg

gVYL0Bh.jpg

rAqaers.jpg

8gKSGrj.jpg

Aug 1, 2012
I may be wrong but that sure looks like a Lepeltier pipe. Looks pretty nice too, wouldn't mind one like that on my rack. EDIT: Just looked again and it doesn't have the cork joint of a Lepeltier.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I thought at first that it maybe a Lepeltier but it says made in France and I think the Lepeltier's are from Vermont?

Aug 1, 2012
Yep, Lepeltier is from Vermont. Completely stumped on this pipe and don't have much in the way of info on clays available. Hope somebody can give you some good info on it.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Thanks Captain. I know nothing about clay pipes. I don't own one but have thought about getting a Lepeltier a few times.
I assume it's safe to smoke this bad boy.

juddeern

Lurker
Nov 28, 2013
Yes clays are perfectly safe to smoke :D it's an interesting dilemma... the design looks dutch in origin but I could be completely wrong.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'll smoke a bowl in it this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.