PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I know this has little to do with pipes, but I know there are DFW'ers and fellow riders on here. THIS girl's classic 1974 Vespa Rally 200 just got stolen.
Please repost elsewhere if you can and keep an eye out.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Way to keep a look out for the people in your city Baron.
Not a lot of people would spread the word about something like this.
We'll call it PIPERS
(PEOPLE IN PURSUIT of EVERY ROBBING SCUMBAG!) 8)

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
That sucks, I had two Yamahas, a 2007 C3, and a 2009 Zuma stolen from my garage last year. I got one back, totally trashed, over a grand in damage, the other was partially paid for by theft insurance I bought at the dealer, but my wife and I went through hell over this. They caught a 16 year old riding the one that was recovered. We went to court twice over this. The first time he plead guilty to some lesser charge of driving a stolen vehicle, which he claimed he bought from a relative for $300. Then we went to a restitution hearing where we were awarded $1200, of which $1000 was supposed to be paid by the kid, and $200 by the mother. Conveniently, the kid lost his job at a fast food place and couldn't pay, and the mother said she could "pay about $10 a month if she walked to work, instead of taking the bus a couple days a week". After a year, we've only received $120 through the juvenile justice system of Baltimore City. I just got a letter a couple weeks ago that there was another hearing, and the case has been sent to the city's collections office.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
I had several vespa in my life and i loved them.Now it's difficult to use these scooters in italian towns due to rextrict law about pollution.We can use old vespas and lambrettas all around the downtown and outside the towns.

Very sorry to hear that ,i guess it's nearly irreplaceable there in Usa, not here of course and the price isn't high at all

Maurizio

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
My first car was a motorbike. A black Suzuki 300GSL. Drove it for three years; rain, snow and shine. Had an orange Garelli moped in 8th grade; the other kids pedaled their bikes home.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah Maurizio, Vespas aren't seen very often here, especially the old ones. I'll know that ride if I see it around and if I do, whoever took it better hope all I do is steal it back. The sad part is it was probably stolen by some jerkwad kid who is just going to crash it and leave it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.