Clark Layton Commission Trianglican Panel Billiard (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally forgot about this pipe. Here is my second ever "new" pipe and certainly a high grade. It is still in the US with my ex-fiancee waiting for it to be shipped sometime this year.
Pipe commissioned on 28/06/2014. Completed on 26/07/2014. Shipped 1/8/2014. This is it's story.
Measurements: Measurements are in inches (") and ounces (oz) and are very close but not exact.

Length: 5 7/8"

Width: 1 13/16"

Height: 2"

Tobacco Chamber Diameter: .85" or just under 7/8"

Tobacco Chamber Depth: 1 9/16"

Weight: 2.0 oz with saddle stem, 2.2 oz with taper stem.

Stem Material: black ebonite

Tenon: integral stem/tenon ebonite

Briar: First quality Greek Briar.

Pipe comes in a soft leather bag.
sBusZjx.jpg

zHGZlg9.jpg

tbzY9Zt.jpg

VSjILWs.jpg

kVtgLY1.jpg

QhnXQ6l.jpg

IIWVkPT.jpg

iGFe1q7.jpg

QXcBr9P.jpg

rIM9qhp.jpg

rTigS40.jpg

8PIhshQ.jpg

hwP4lJl.jpg

Ru3lYHK.jpg

ikslt41.jpg

2NAP9Jb.jpg

DsN2BKv.jpg

9gJYyDx.jpg

RN2xSUT.jpg

XDSMKC6.jpg

HCpJhba.jpg

SLkCOqH.jpg

0ZLie2A.jpg

jkdZvUK.jpg

A6sPQWq.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That's a wonderful shape, great grain, and super blast. How many more superlatives can one pipe achieve?! :clap:

I think the curves and transitions are deftly executed, and a joy to behold. Nice adherence to the treble theme.

How many stems do you have that go with that pipe? I'm guessing that it should be... what else? Three!
Don't tell me -- you're dedicating that pipe to Three Nuns. :lol:

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Chris
That is a lovely pipe and made by a guy who really cares about his work
I also commissioned one from him-a large fully bent billiard and true to his word, a cleaner goes straight thru and it smokes beautifully with fine finish work and a great button
Good luck with it

@Cortez lol I totally forgot the Treble theme when it came to stems, sadly I only have 2 stems with this beauty.

@Allan Care to share the picture of yours brother? Clark really is a dedicated pipe maker, he's very down to earth, low profile and keeps busy with his work. I'll be working with him on another project next year involving Algerian briar.
@Cobguy Thanks brother, it's still not in my possession. Women do tend to get snipey when they become ex's lol.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Wonderful shape! That flush straight stem really goes with it the best! Absolutely stunning! Hopefully the ex doesn't hold it too long as we want a full report if she smokes as good as she looks!

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Very unique shape. I like that a lot.
You don't drive an RX-7, do you?

(obscure reference - see if anyone gets it)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine#/media/File:Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif

May 31, 2012
Congrats on such a fine pipe!
He knocked it out of the park!
Enjoy it well.

:puffy:
It is a very badass pipe,

much like this car!
tumblr_m34neocu3R1r0ve58o1_500.jpg

1173a1ce12d1a20226a70f7933a37cd6.jpg

mazda_grillbadge_1.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
A fine pipemaker he is...
Indeed.
If he just wasn't such an over-wound, uptight, disagreeable, argumentative, short-tempered, perpetually contrary hot-headed misanthrope, though. THAT'S Clark's problem. Get anywhere near him and he bites your head off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That is a real beauty. A very unique shape and a lovely blast on that one. Enjoy. :clap:

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Very nice pipe Monk!! I love the blasts that Clark does and your pipe is no exception. I have commissioned two pipes from Clark, the Serpentade and a extra large bent billiard. Both took my breath away due to his craftsmanship and attention to detail.
These were my first and only commissioned pipes to date. I must beg to differ, my experience with Clark was extremely pleasant. He took the time to ensure I understood every step in the process. He was polite and eager to share his knowledge with me and made me feel very welcome. When the time comes to commission another pipe, Clark will be who I chose. Overall I found him to be wonderful to work with.
Monk I am positive you will have many hours of pleasure from your wonderful new pipe, congratulations!!

@george Lol lots of creative people tend to be either highly social or vice versa. I lean on both sides from time to time. That being said, if I go meet him one day, will keep a stick handy lest he wants to bite my head off :puffpipe: , He is a lovely young man though, a little quirky but hey we all have our ticks and tocks ;)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I was wholly and completely being absurdly sarcastic, btw. Clark is one of the most mellow and agreeable people you'll ever meet, inside the PipeWorld or out. :D

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
georged,
Thank goodness, lol, I was trying to figure out if you were joking but couldn't tell if your were through the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.