PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
So I recently got into cigars and have been enjoying trying them out and stuff. I bought a humidor, and read a book but honestly I'm still clueless as to what I like. For instance maduros are really hard to pinpoint. Sometimes, they're heavy, sometimes not. So what do you guys like to smoke? I know I'm not the only one. :puffy:

baldy

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2011
Been smoking cigars for a few years now. Only pick up the pipe from a cigar brother a year ago. I love my Cubans. Used to smoke 50% CC to NC but my taste gravitate to Cubans. I find cigars and pipes really complement each other as a hobby.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
I love the Acid lines, Paul. Even my wife will fawn over those little blondies.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
being a college student i dont really have the billfold for really good cigars so i found an excellent alternative in the gispert robusto its a four dollar cigar but it has great construction, burn, draw and the flavor is very enjoyable. but when i do have a little extra pocket change i will drop it on a padron anniversary.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
My cigar is a Partagas Black Label Magnifico. I always have a box on hand. Highly recommended stick.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I am a long time cigar smoker and short time pipe smoker. So I guess I could say cigars are my first true love as far as tobacco products go. I normally buy my cigars off the auction websites (Cigarbid.com or Cigarauctioneer.com) and I am able to find great deals. If you are patient you can find some amazing deals. That being said here are my current favorites.
Gispert Natural Churchill (Great cheaper smoke that is mild and smooth)

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apex

Nica Libre (Any size)

Tatuaje Triunfador No. 5

Padilla Miami (Any size)

Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label

Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Figurado

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro

Jose L. Piedra Crema (Budget CC less than $2 each)

Jose L. Piedra Cazadore (Budget CC less than $2 each)

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Toro

Cigars International Legends Red Label (by Perdomo for CI)

Man O' War Puro Authentico (One of the best cigars I have ever smoked especially for the price)

Tatuaje Miami (Any size) [Again one of the best I have smoked]

777 by Jesus Fuego Maduro Corona
These are just some of my favorites. If you are interested we can do a trade or something and I can send you a small sampler of some of these cigars. Just let me know. I hope this helps. With anything though these are just my picks and your tastes may differ but I hope you find atleast a few to your liking.

Jul 12, 2011
I was a cigar smoker for over 15 years, did tons of my ordering from cigarintl.com (these guys have great pricing and are out of PA) and since you have a humidor/by the box purchase will help bring costs down per cigar...
Some Reqs (this should get you going....sorry so many good ones out there to smoke) :wink:

Ashton VGS (one of many favs) (med-full)

La Perla Habana/Black Perl (a good med-full cigar)

5 Vegas (All lines; Red (med-full), Gold (light-med), A (med), Realic (med-full)

Rocky P Vintage line (med-full)

Drew Java (sweet, mild aro)

Drew Estate Tabak Especial Limited (again one of my favs, sweet mild aro)

Nub (get the sampler and try them all...Nub Plus Habano one of my fav/full)

Gurkha Micro-Batch (I have sooooooooooooo many favs..I can't stop but smoked a few cigars over 15yrs)

Any of the Gurkha lines are FANTASTIC smokes...

Cu-avana (all lines natural, etc.)

Indian Tabac Classic

Puros Indios Viejo

jar15a1

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
I've been smoking cigars for almost 20 yrs now. My all time favorite is the Fuente Hemingway series.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
You can never go wrong with any of the Rocky Patel line. I have tried a ton of them and they are probably the only brand that i havent found one that i dont like. Not to mention that I met him and he is a great guy!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Benn smoking cigars since the late 1970's. My every day smokes are Comacho- a box a week. When the B&M gets Opus X in (like 3 times a year) I usually stock up on them for special occassions.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Opus X is great if you get your hands on them. Definitely more expensive but if you have the extra money well worth it.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Alright! Thanks folks, all these suggestions are really helpful, and it's cool to see what other tobaccos people enjoy as well. Keep em coming! :puffy:
Eh wallbright, I'd be interested in a trade if you'd like to trade for some pipe tobacco. I'm afraid the only cigars I have aren't too great (the super cheap samplers from online). But I do have about 6-7 ounces of different English blends I'd trade for some cigars if you're into that? :mrgreen:

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
My everyday smokes are Camacho Triple Maduro's, Tatuaje Regios , and Kristoff Sumatras. I've been smoking cigars at least once a day since 2004.

I think its a common misconception that Maduro cigars are heavy full bodied cigars. Maduro is just how the leaves are fermented, which actually makes for a smoother, cleaner smoke. I typically find Maduros to have a sweeter taste.

Also check out cigarmonster.com...you can find amazing deals on cigars as well as accessories.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I wouldn't even know where to start with cigars...tried one last year but didn't like it, I must have picked the wrong one to try. :(
Does Esoterica have a Penzance cigar? :P

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
The only cigars I smoke are acids.... Those flavors are wild and super tasty... Haven't found a acid I dont like... Any other cigars I'll let other people smoke!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Rocky Patel 1992, Cusano CC , Padron any size . The best bang for the buck is a lonsdale . The holy grail and the best cigar I ever had was and is a Cuban Trinidad . If they were good enough for Castro .......... stupid embargo .

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
The holy grail and the best cigar I ever had was and is a Cuban Trinidad . If they were good enough for Castro .......... stupid embargo.

My buddy went to Cuba and brought back a couple for us to have, and they were absolutely amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.