Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Have any of you tried smoking a cigar with a pipe?

I wouldn't have considered it but for seeing this picture. It makes sense that it would allow more of the cigar to be smoked, and should reduce any problems from poor technique that would impact on the experience.

smoking-a-cigar.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yup, many do. This thread seems to be re-originated every month or two.

aussiemike

Lurker
Oct 6, 2017
WOW never would have thought of that. I love the taste too much brightleaf. Love the pic though boss beard.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/anyone-ever-smoke-a-cigar-in-a-pipe

sumusfumus

Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Must be telepathy or something.....just this morning I was wondering if any pipe-smokers ever cut up a cigar into + - 1" sections, and then stuffed these short sections into the bowl of a pipe, possibly even adding a little pipe tobacco around the cigar?
Has anyone crumbled a cigar into their tobacco blends? I don't know a thing about cigars except that they stink. Are there very mild/flavorful cigars that would/could enhance a tobacco blend? I know that some pipe tobacco blends have some cigar leaf mixed into them. Interesting.....
Frank

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
Sorry. I should've searched the forum before posting. I thought it was a cool picture.

I agree the taste of the tobacco in the mouth would be missed Aussiemike. Saving the nub for the pipe seems like a good idea Deathmetal. I am planning to get a cigar in my next online pipe tobacco order, but that may be a month or so. Cigars are a bit out of my price range for normal smoking, almost like being willing to smoke a whole tin in one sitting.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
If you were to really get into cigars, there are just as many amazing sales on them as there are pipe tobacco.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
Here are a couple links for threads that discuss that subject Sumusfumus.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/blending-with-cigar-leaf#post-1060464

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-tobacco-with-cigar-leaf-whats-good#post-544687
I thought cigars were more regulated on the price that they could be sold for Chasingembers, are the sales for all brands of cigars?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
are the sales for all brands of cigars?
Oh yes! I got a 20 stick Oliva sampler last year during a Christmas sale that included a Xicar lighter for $30. You actually see as many monthly cigar sales as you do pipe tobacco sales! Look up Thompson Cigars, or Cigars International. Many good deals.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Meerschum Cheroot holders, I have a few and smoke cigars through them often...
G14zT6j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.