PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Got a 10 pack box of Sweet Ride Half Pipe cigars with my LTF order, and fired one up while doing yard work. These are fun. They have a Habano wrapper, with a 50/50 Dominican and black Cavendish filter. By no means a refined smoke, but a darned enjoyable one. Woodsy and vanilla with a bit of black coffee on the retrohale. I see they are $20 for the 10 pack, and may have to order a box or two for work smokes. I know I complain about P&C's shipping and damaged tins, but this was a pleasant addition to my order.
hpc-pm-1005.png

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
P&C improved their packaging. I took advantage of their last sale, and found everything well-wrapped. Good work @blendtobac and your team.
I still wouldn't order a pipe from them, having received three, one of which was mis-drilled and is now sort of dead weight that I'm trying to find the right place to throw out.
I see this as a tradeoff for the wholesale pricing, but that means it is not cost-effective to order pipes through them. But the last batch of bulk and tins came well-packaged, so I think they've solved their previous big disaster.
My remaining issue with them is how long it takes the tobacco to arrive. It's over ten days since placing the order, which puts that tobacco on a truck roasting for too many days. So, during the nine months of summer (haha), I favor SPC for the most part.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
How can P&C be blamed for a mis-drilled pipe?
I ordered an Il Ceppo Cavelier and my Butera from P&C in the bad old shipping days and they made it through.
That said, I agree they have greatly improved their packaging. I place large enough orders where I am always worried about how they arrive. Since their proclaimed dedication to better packaging, I have not had any dented tins. This is good, since before that, I would have to call them after most orders to replace some tins.
My last order came in and the box was split, but all contents in place and intact. A testament to good packing that the load survived the shipping process.

Status
Not open for further replies.