PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I went to the mail box today and found a box inside. Now I am expecting a box from P&C but that can't be here yet so I was very interested who it could be from. When I saw the name and place it was from I instantly knew it was from Diston aka Batdemon, but couldn't imagine why he would be sending me something. I opened the box and was instantly excited seeing a black Meer case and a tin of Molto. I exclaimed, "No way!" Which caught my wife's attention and she came over to see what I had gotten. The letter read Merry Christmas and some other details about my generosity to members here not going unnoticed, from Diston, aka Batdemon. What a noble gesture, one that I don't know that I deserve, but I am so very thankful.

We aren't generous to get recognition or a pat on the back, but rather because it is so very fun. That is what I like most about Christmas, seeing the joy on my loved ones faces when they open something that I have given them or made them. What I've found on this site is that generosity begets generosity, though that isn't our original intent in the act of giving.

When my wife saw it she said it was just amazing and she said that we are really a brotherhood. Those are her sentiments knowing the types of men that I have gotten to meet here and interact with. It seems that posts like this come up almost daily on here. I am a pastor by trade and thus get to see generosity often and people loving each other well, but I have to admit that pipesmokers are truly some of the best people in the world and it has been my great honor to share in the brotherhood.

I personally was blown away, especially when I beheld this bad boy. What a beautiful pipe, I am overwhelmed and again so very blessed to be a member here. Diston and I have had many transactions and trades on here, I actually bought one of my first nice pipes off of him back in the day when I first joined the forum, an Aldo Velani 21st Century, which is still one of the chief pipes in my rotation. Now I get to add this very nice and generous gift!! Thank you my friend, I will treasure it always, now let the smoking begin!

Jan 8, 2013
Wow! :) That is awesome! I love it. You deserve it Shaintiques. Enjoy the heck out of it... the sultan seems to have a look on his face that says, "Really? Are you seriously going to put that stuff in my head and smoke it out my butt?" :nana:

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Dave, I am very happy that you are enjoying the meer and you are more than welcome. Make no mistake, you do deserve it, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.