Christmas Peterson - 1998 B5 Supreme (NOS)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, I thought that I was done buying pipes for 2017, but when I stopped at Boswells last week, Dan asked me if I wanted to see a unsmoked Peterson estate. Yes, I do. He brought out an unsmoked gold-band B5 Supreme. I couldn't read the hallmark and I told him that I'd think about it. (the price was very good). Yesterday, before leaving for New Orleans, I popped up and bought the pipe.
The stem had some mild oxidation, which took some care around the gold band and P. It's in my pipe bag and will be enjoyed on Christmas Day, in the warmth of New Orleans and with my son-in-law.
I'm not a big "gold band" guy but this one was pretty slim and not overly obnoxious. The band is so slim, the hallmarks stamps are tiny. I had to use a jewelers loupe to discern the capital M for 1998. Interestingly, my only other Supreme is also from 1998 (Sterling band, NOS also, purchased from Mark Irwin)

The tenon is as nicely detailed as some of my artisan pipes (the XL90 just has a flat-cut tenon). I guess Gold band pipes get preferential treatment?

The rest of the pipe

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, my first task this morning in the Bayou was to dispatch a Cooperhead at the daughters back fence. The SIL had the 9 MM in his truck, so a single shot from a .357 did the deed and alarmed most of their neighbors....

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Great dog, great photos.
And when I click on the smaller ones, it takes me to postimage, where I am also told that gorgeous women in my area want to meet me. How bout others- women in "your area"??

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I know nothing about any women!

@jpm: On my phone and laptop, the thumbs take me to the picture. You might want to update your browser (or use a different one) But, logged out of Postimage, there is an ad above/below the picture (one for Joanna Gaines)

Jan 8, 2013
And when I click on the smaller ones, it takes me to postimage, where I am also told that gorgeous women in my area want to meet me. How bout others- women in "your area"??
On mine it was... "Bored? Chat with Russian and Ukranian Babes instead." :mrgreen:

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Lovely acquisition! It's great how they showed restraint with the band; with such a muscular shape, like a bulldog, they could have easily overdone it. Great balance in design. Enjoy it, New Orleans, and the holidays with your family! I wish you all well!

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
That was an excellent purchase finding an unsmoked Peterson of that caliber is rare! And I believe this is the first Peterson pipe I have seen with a light stain, love the grain on this one.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
And I believe this is the first Peterson pipe I have seen with a light stain, love the grain on this one.
Most (all?) Supreme's are natural stain colored. Here's the companion pipe a '98 XL90

I knew today would be hectic with family visitors, so I smoked it on Christmas Eve. A great draw and smoke, this one is going to fit in with my small Peterson collection quite nicely.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Excellent smokers here. Is that a fill next to the draft hole?
Peterson_B5_Supreme_1998_05.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
On my phone and laptop, the thumbs take me to the picture. You might want to update your browser (or use a different one) But, logged out of Postimage, there is an ad above/below the picture (one for Joanna Gaines)
Same here. The thumbs take me to the full sized ones on Postimage, but with, on the sides, fetching photos of women eager - panting already- to meet me, such as: "The Slavic Woman Of Your Dreams Wants You To Make A Move Here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.