PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffin

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2010
I Had a little fun with a little extra spending money I found myself with. I own several very nice pipes, but have found myself very attracted to less expensive, smaller bowled pipes recently. I picked up the Dr. Grabow (Starfire) at a local tobacco shop. Say what you will about the brand, I really like how the pipe smokes, and I really (I mean really!) like the shape.

The rest of the stuff I picked up online. EMP and Orlick are two of my absolute favorites, and have some tins in the cellar that I just couldn't bring myself to open just yet and needed to satisfy a craving. The jar holds my own home blend that consists of a bit of latakia and perique blended with a black cavendish and straight golden virginia. You all have been raving about the Frog Morton series, so I had to give On the Town a try as well.

When getting the new tobacco, I also found myself incredibly attracted to this Viking Classic Bulldog. I have one other Viking (a bent apple) that I really enjoy, and as the price was right I just had to pull the trigger. I also bought a really small Estate Sasieni that I am super excited to begin refurbishing. Picks of that to come later.

Enjoy!

P1010003.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

P10100051.jpg

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
I really like the looks of the Dr. Grabow..I have two Grabows and they smoke great.

puffin

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2010
Pentangle - I don't believe this Grabow is still made. I did some snooping around and couldn't find it anywhere. This one was a used pipe when I got it.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Enjoy! Some of my favorite smokers stared their lives in a corner drug store. Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.