Christmas Eve Its All Fun and Games Till Someone Gets Hurt!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014
Hope your Christmas Eve is going better than ours. The day started well, our four year old slept til 7:30 this morning. We went to visit friends and had a great time, it was when we started for home that things room a turn. My wife slipped getting into our car, her ankle rolled under her when she fell. She is an EMT, I'm a First Responder we looked at her anke and both knew it was sprained or worse. So off to the Urgent Care we go, the place was empty so my wife got taken back fast. After some x-rays it was determined to be only sprained. So I brought my wife home, sat her in my chair and iced her ankle.

Now my son is asleep, the wife is resting, the presents are under the tree and a Christmas Story is on TBS. I've grabbed my Peterson Christmas pipe and loaded it with a treat from my Secret Santa box. Wishing you all a safe and merry Christmas Day!

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
Sorry to hear that. Usually it's the ice that is to blame, but nearly 70 degrees here in PA.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Jun 4, 2014
Thanks, All the rain we've had made the ground soft and muddy. It's just one of those things, it was strange to be wearing a short sleeve shirt and no coat on December 24.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
That's awful! Glad it wasn't worse. You guys have medical training so you probably already know this, but it might pay to have it x-rayed again in a week just to be sure. Sometimes fractures can take that long to show up radiographically.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Your wife sounds to be a smart woman. So, you'll be doing the cleaning, tending to her needs and looking after the lad. Sounds like a great Christmas! I mean that! Enjoy your family and Christmas.
I need to learn lots of things from you :)

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Sprains are no joke either. Although they can begin to look really pretty and colorful in a few days. :mrgreen:

Try to have her go easy on it(Good luck with that)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yesterday my beloved feline companion was limping and obviously in pain. I thought she must've sprained or worse her leg while jumping. We went to the vet yesterday. They had to anesthetize her because she hurting and fighting. Turns out she has 2nd degree burns on her front paws, bleeding and blistered. She must've jumped onto the hot stove when I wasn't looking. She has pain meds and anesthetics. Seeing loved ones suffer sucks most hard.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
dutchman, glad to hear things were not too serious. Merry Christmas!!
Nate, that sucks and I feel worse as they do not know what is going on. But sounds like you have it handled. Merry Christmas!!

Jun 4, 2014
Thanks for all the well wishes she is doing better swelling is down some. The only problem is keeping her sitting down and not trying to help. Our son had us up at 3:30 and 6:30 as he saw Santa had come!
Warren, you are right she is a smart cookie, smarter than me.
Nate, hope your kitty is feeling better.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm sorry for your holiday mishap and wish your wife rapid and complete healing. About eighteen years ago, I twisted my ankle stepping off an outdoor stairway that ended at an uneven angled curb, so I stepped down and rolled my ankle under. Dumb ass Mr. Macho walked it out and didn't ice it. It took a long, long time to heal, hurt quite a bit, and I still have broken blood vessels on that ankle that look like it happened last week. They fade when I've been having a night's sleep but reappear when I am upright. So keep on with the ice and with babying the sprain. People do considerable damage showing what tough customers they are. Better to lay low when needed. Mr. Tough Guy, phooey.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Glad to hear she's improving. It's ironic when the hardest part of an injury is the sitting down and healing part. After my 2nd back surgery I was in bed for six weeks and thought I'd loose my mind... I did.
Tivo, my cat, has healed fairly quickly and is getting around now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.