Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
From peck's favorite site. Game on.
Christmas Cheer 2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brand:

McClelland
Blender:

McClelland Tobacco Company
Tin Description:

Handblended, premium pressed Virginia flake pipe tobaccos. A fine vintage, naturally sweet, in limited quantity. The 2013 blend is made with a special selection of orange, flue-cured Virginia from the 2009 crop near Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
Country of Origin:

US
Curing Group:

Flue Cured
Contents:
Virginia
Cut:

Broken Flake
Packaging:

100g Tin
Blend Notes:

Released at the 2013 IPCPR trade show. Picked at peak ripeness, high in natural sugars, rich in oils, intense in color, this is a marvelous leaf that should age with distinction. Each buying season, we look for tobaccos of exceptional quality and distinctive character. In various combinations, their flavors, aromas, textures contribute to the overall excellence of our products. The leaves of different crops and regions are combined to maintain consistency from year to year. With Christmas Cheer pipe tobacco, we treat our discriminating customers to the singular pleasure of a tasting of the very finest in tobaccos of a particular vintage, not worrying about maintaining the flavor and appearance of this product into future years but actually striving instead to present the unique character of a single crop and area. That's what Christmas Cheer pipe tobacco is all about. Happy sampling!
Images are temporarily disabled.
Average Ratings
Strength:
Flavoring:
Taste:
Room Note:
Recommendation:

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I might break down and buy a tin once the rush is over. I had some 2006 or 2007 vintage IIRC about a year ago and I wasn't pleasantly impressed with it, it made my mouth tingle no matter how I smoked it. Got some good mileage on that tin, 100g having lasted me about a month and a half.....

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Business as usual :) Buy 2 tins of Christmas Cheer, transfer to mason jars, wait 15 years ...

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Amen and amen. I have three tins arriving in the morrow.
One will be opened immediately, the other two head off for more quiet time.
Smoking CC 2011 right now. And it's yummy, of course.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Just ordered my third tin this week, one for this christmas, two for years later......

Dec 24, 2012
Pitchfork very graciously sent me a tin of 2003 Christmas Cheer that I plan to open on (Canadian) thanksgiving weekend. Can't wait to try it.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Got mine a month ago and has been sitting since then. Now I play the waiting game, and it sucks I can't wait until Thanksgiving to open it.

~Ron

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I will buy a couple of tins this year and will start smoking them Christmas of 2015(if I am still around). :) I will finish up my CC 2012 this year and next. It will take me a few years to get ahead of the aging game.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It sounds like McClelland's idea of Christmas cheer is straight-up Virginia tobacco from near Rocky Mount N.C.

That is so much better than the holiday blends that throw in cinnamon, holly, pine and whatever. Those just

taste like chemical burn to me, no matter how long they're aged. What an enlightened approach from McC's.

I'm a little overstocked, but if I do any holiday tobacco buying, this will be the top of the list.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Roth,
I plan on doing that exact thing. I just ordered 3 100g tins from 4noggins and will try some this year and cellar the other two. If I really like it I will get a few more and then start having vertical tastings as the years progress.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Long winded story, on topic I promise.
So every month our pipe club is sponsored by our local B&M. As I do most of my pipe purchases through the estate market, and don't smoke often, I don't buy much from them except my supply of pipe cleaners and stem/shank brushes.
I made a commitment to spend $40/month in the store, as a "Thank You" for supporting our club. So I use this as an opportunity to either buy accessories (pipe cases, tools) or tobacco. Now tobacco isn't cheap here in Ontario so my $40 gets me a tin.
Last month when digging through their stock (under glass) I saw some Christmas Cheer. Good times. The first tin I bought was 2010, Christmas Cheer. I think the remaining tin is 2012. I don't mind paying $40+ for a tin of vintage tobacco. :)
I look forward to cracking the oldest tin this year during the holidays.
-- Pat

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I ordered the McClelland "Holiday Spirit" instead of the "Cheer". It arrived today from Rich. The can reads as follows:
A gentle blend of Burley, Virginia, & Cavendish tobaccos, flavored with dark rum, pecan and cocoa. It will bring a warm glow to the coldest winter day. Created especially for the holidays.
How could I resist that???

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
AWESOME find Pat. Let us know how that smokes.
Believe it or not I haven't had a pipe since late July. This Saturday, Sept 28 is my last cycling event; 100 miles. I will look forward to a bowl or two that night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.