PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdseye

Lurker
Jun 4, 2009
MA
I was wondering if anyone had any idea if someone will be taking over the blending of the Chief Catoonah tobaccos? I was a big fan of Princess Street Mixture and wondering if it is gone for good.
Thanks for any input.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was also a big fan of the Princess Street Mixture.

Member "doverpipe" is also in the Hudson Valley Pipe Club. The club has many tins of leftover tins from Dicks widow and has them for sale to help her and the club. He had them available at the Richmond show. You can PM him here or hit their webpage. (I assume they have a page)

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We had tried to make contact through a friend of Dick's to see if we might be able to purchase the recipes from his estate but they can't seem to find any record of the blends. If they find them, we'll be more than happy to work out an arrangement with his family to bring them back to market.
Russ

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Good on you, Russ. We missed you this week at the Lehigh Valley PC, and I was going to ask if you had thoughts of rescuing Dick's wonderful blends. Maybe a little time will heal the hurt his family is feeling and you can prevail in your hunt for the recipes.
hp

les

birdseye

Lurker
Jun 4, 2009
MA
Thanks for all the feedback. I hope someone will find the recipes at some point but unfortunately it's not looking good. Hopefully I can purchase a few tins (if there are any left) when I connect with the Hudson Valley guys in December. Nelson from SHPC

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's impossible to know what is going on within families, and no one's business, I guess. But it seems a shame if a

good blend is lost completely to a family squabble.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That would be a shame. I bought a pound of Princes Street in January, and I have not been smoking it so as to make it last. That was one of my favorites.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I had never heard of these tobaccos until now. Where were they sold, who sold them?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@4nogginsmike. Here's a thread on Dick's passing.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/broken-pipe-dick-chief-catoonah-silverman
"Princes Street" won the Chicago show John Cotton throwdown a few years ago.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/john-cotton-throwdown-winner-now-available/
Dick was up in New England, Vermont I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.