PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I am sure there is already a thread on this somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I am going to the Chicago pipe show this year - my first ever pipe show - and I am pretty excited. The travel is kind of a pain since I will be in Chicago for work from April 24-26 and then only a few days after I return I will be headed back to Chicago for the show. Who else is going? I will be the big guy with the briefcase full of US$, lol.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I will be there also Peck!! Have my room at Pheasant Run all set. I was there in 2012 but missed last year. Looking forward to seeing friends again!!!

chiefbroom

Lurker
Mar 21, 2014
I'm a local (OP) and a member of the Pipe Club, although I haven't attended a meeting yet.
I plan to take in the show.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Well Peck, as you know, Pat and I are making a road trip out of it with fellow member Adamiak. We're staying at Pheasant Run as well.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Peck
Roger (who you met at De La Concha in NYC) and I are going and are booked at the Pheasant Run, too.
We are coming in on Thursday early morning.
Would be great if alot of us get together and meet.
Is there any way to organize a group 'drink' somewhere in the hotel?
I'm really looking forward to meet all of you guys!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The place to meet, smoke, etc is in the big tent. There is a bartender there also. Since I live three towns south of St Charles, I will be going home every night. But I should be there from Thursday through Sunday. Possibly even on Wednesday after I get off work.
I can't wait. I wish we knew more about the events of the weekend.
Winton

Dec 24, 2012
Allan - I would suggest that you stand in the middle of the tent dressed in a sequin jumpsuit - a la' Elvis in his Vegas years - so that we can all easily identify you. Pruss will be doing the same with his official pipesmagazine thong - you two should make an adorable couple.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Peck
If you recall, I lent you that suit last summer because you wanted to attend a Howdie Doodie reunion.
You never returned it

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
As usual, I'll be flying myself in N2283Q to the DuPage Airport on either Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather. It's only a one-hour flight from Appleton, Wisconsin. But, weather is the determining factor. It would be a great idea to have a scheduled time and meeting place for our Forum Members. I'd really like to meet you all.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
With about a month to go until the show, I am giving a weather report. Right now in Chicagoland it is 15 degrees and we will have showers late tonight with a temp of 34. WHEN WILL WE GET SPRING?!?!?!?! Anyway, be sure to pack warm clothes and dress in layers. Last year, I remember both shivering and getting over warm.
Winton

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
We'll be getting in Thursday night and leaving early on Sunday...looking forward to it!

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I'm hoping to drive in at least for a day, along with my girlfriend who just recently started pipe smoking. I set her up with Distinguished Penguin (her favorite animal, besides sharks) and a MM diplomat - along with access to whatever I have on hand to smoke, of course.
We live in Machesney Park, about an hour and a half drive to St. Charles, pretty much on the IL/WI border.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
I will be arriving Thursday night... and for those of you wondering, I will have a few American made Turkish block meerschaums in tow! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.