PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Hey guys, just lit up the Stanwell estate I got on Ebay. I got lucky again. This pipe is like new. It is marked with the older style Stanwell where the beginning and end of the name are wide and the middle is narrow. Also marked "Design Choice" next to "835". Smoking it right now with Blue Note. I think I have a new favorite. Pictures are from seller on Ebay.

Stanwill835.jpg

Stanwell835.jpg

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Good score. I always keep a Stanwell in my rotation. Great pipe for the price.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Thanks guys, I really like my Stanwells. I have seven of them, all great light weight smokers. This one is proving to be no different. My first pipe was a Stanwell, so I guess I'm partial.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Sweet! Beautiful grain and shape. Looks like it would fit the hand just right.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
What a great looking pipe! The Danes make wonderfully weird looking yet ergonomically perfect pipes.
Nice snag, pard.

Aug 14, 2012
3 Stanwells were among my first pipes, in the 1950s. I still have 1 of them. Shame that they had to move to Italy. I don't like the pipes from there as much.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
What a fine pipe sir! I like the sort of "rolling forward" look it has, if that makes any sense.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
This pipe has proven to be an excellent smoker. It feels so natural in my hands, about the size of a large egg. All my Stanwell's are older ones. I don't have any of the ones made in Italy. I will buy more Stanwell's, but will always look for the older estate pipes that have been properly cleaned. I love estate pipes. I imagine the history they must have witnessed while smoking them. I'm the kind of guy that prefers older fishing and hunting equipment too. My favorite shotgun is my father's old Winchester model 12 he bought when he was a teenager. He was born in 1925 so it is quite old. I use it every season. I still use all his old fishing gear too and he's been gone for 7 years. It's a great joy and comfort to me. Too bad he didn't smoke pipes!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. Smoking it will help you to always remember the 2012 holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.