PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
At this point, I'm down to the final crumbs of my Stonehaven Stash...except for 1 aged bag Harris gave me for my birthday. And although I enjoy a variety of other fine flake tobaccos, my wife Greta turns up her nose at the thought of anything but Stonehaven.
To prepare for this ultimate competition between me and all the other Stonehaven Snagging fiends out there, I upgraded my internet to business class (I figure that will shave 10 seconds off the notification and buying process). I signed up for email notifications at 7 retailers...and the notifications go into my phone as text messages with a alarm signal like the old submarines used to have when they were forced into an emergency dive by Japanese bombers.
My credit card numbers are tattooed on the inside of my forearm to eliminate fumbling at a critical moment during ordering...
I can almost smell the faint whiff of Stonehaven rapidly approaching our rocky shore.....and I'm ready!

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Ahhhhh the elusive Stonehaven, it will probably remain a mystery to me until the next big thing comes and its readily available lol Someday I will try it and Penzance so I can see what the fuss is all about. 7 retailers you say, I only have about 4 I will be notified by, I better up my game haha

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I hear ya zack, my 8oz'er is getting frighteningly low as well. The worst thing is I had to turn down a personal phone call about a month ago made by a certain retailer, telling me they had some in stock and did I want to put an order in for a couple bags. I was unemployed at the time and just couldn't afford it. That was a hard thing to turn down, man.
I do have an unopened 8oz gag of penzance though if anyone wants to swap it for a bag of stonehaven. I'll probably make a separate thread about it soon, when I'm about to run out.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I'd expect another shipment in November or December, given the six-month intervals.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I have never smoked it so I realistically can't chase it. If I can pick up a bag I will do it.
Now if a certain someone in my pipe club wanted to hook a fellow pipe smoker up ..........

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
About a month ago mrenglish was very kind enough to send me a sample of Stonehaven to try (still have about 2 bowls left), and sablebrush52 was also very kind enough to offer me some which I refused seeing that I had some on the way. Just want to interject here what a fantastic site this is with its generous and helpful members. Granted, it’s a fine tobacco and I would possibly purchase more if it was readily available at a decent price, but I personally think it’s much too over rated. Bottom line... it just didn’t rock my boat all that much and there are a plethora of other tobaccos available that are much better, if not as good. Just human nature to want what is difficult to get I imagine. Considering the numerous tobaccos that are easily obtainable, aside from the ones I have, I’m not on a hell bent quest to get any particular brand/blend. Life is stressful enough as it is so I’m one happy camper when it comes to obtaining the tobaccos that I like, and God knows there are more than enough already to choose from. :wink:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
All well and good, Zack, but we both know that Mr. Jerke is going to outfox all of us on the Stonehaven trail.
Jordan, I'm looking at you here buddy.
-- Pat

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Would you guys mind listing a few of the other blends that you like as well as Penzance and stonehaven, or is there fear that the market would dry up on those as well? I wouldn't mind trying some premium stuff instead of the local B&M fare. I will accept PM'S as well if you don't want your secret to get out :)

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I've read a good deal about how people don't care for Stonehaven once they try a sample of it.
It took me a while to figure out how I liked it, which is dried out quite a bit and fully rubbed, and if I only had a half ounce sample, I probably would have given up on it.
EDIT Other blends I like as much as Penzance and Stonehaven are lots of them. Stonehaven isn't any 'better' than Gawith's Full Virginia Flake to me, but they hit different notes for sure. I haven't had anything else that hits the same notes as Stonehaven. There are several latakia blends I like just as much as I like Penzance, the closest of which is probably GL Pease's Quiet Nights. I tend to like a stronger oriental note, so when I want a big latakia blend, I go for Gaslight.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
All well and good, Zack, but we both know that Mr. Jerke is going to outfox all of us on the Stonehaven trail.
...so where do you think i learned these Ninja Stonehaven strategies?
I do have to admit- i'd put Rotary Navy Cut and Wessex Campaign Brigade up there with my favorites...but Greta refuses to compromise-Stonehaven or nothing!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
...so where do you think i learned these Ninja Stonehaven strategies?
:clap:
I figured. But the real question is, "Did the master teach the apprentice all the tricks in the book?"
-- Pat

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
@phil67 you are the true ninja warrior..llike the tide -you move in and out....like the sumo wrestler...you are centered in the ring..yep-we know this is crap- we all know you have 10 pounds of the heavenly weed stashed...

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Yes I do have my ways. I gave Zack most of my secrets in KC. I repeat "most." A wise man never divulges them all.
I fear for Zack. A wife with no Stonehaven could be a handful!

Dec 24, 2012
I don't understand. You live near Harris. Why don't you go raid his stash? He's having eye problems, so if he wakes up just tell him you are woods road.

Dec 24, 2012
By the way, I did get an e-mail from Harris today. He is on new eye medications and is hopeful they will clear up the problem. I am hopeful he returns soon. I feel bad busting his balls when he's not here to see how humiliated he should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.