PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunny

Lurker
Nov 15, 2015
Alright, so I have the hankering to buy another pipe or two. Actually two, one I am set on getting is a Peterson Donegal 999 and the other one I am eyeballing (the shape and color appeal to me) is a Chacom.
I've searched the forums and most recent information on how they smoke, etc is about 2 years old. Just wondering if anything has changed over the past couple of years or if they're worth the money.
I'm sure I could get another Sav or Pete in the same price range as the Chacom; however, I'm trying to broaden my horizon's and expand my experiences. Thanks!

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I had one, an 862, and it was a great pipe, comparable to higher priced pipes. I got rid of it only because I considered my new 315 an upgrade.
I don't think you can go wrong with a Chacom, but for my money, I prefer Savinelli.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I think Chacom makes a tremendous pipe, especially for the price.
In my personal experience, I bought Chacom, Peterson and Savinelli pipes when I first started this journey. The Peterson's and Savinelli's tend to sit on the shelf, and it is the Chacom's that I continue to reach for today.
Chacom's "Match" line is great, if you are okay with smaller pipes.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
They get discussed often. Best smoking pipe dollar for dollar in my opinion. You could add others to such a list, just one opinion.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Chacom is one of the oldest names in French pipes, from St. Claude, France, which is essentially the birthplace of the use of briar for pipes. Many of their shapes originated English pipe shapes that denote the most familiar traditional designs. They are factory pipes, so no one can guarantee each and every example, but in many cases you won't do better at twice or several times the price. As time goes on, you really ought to own at least several. Right now, Cup O Joes (one of the Forums sponsors) has the Chacom USA series at especially good prices, about $48 as I recall -- including a really nice egg and a fine bulldog and Rhodesian.

Status
Not open for further replies.