Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
My two favorite tobaccos:
Stokkebye Navy Flake, Bullseye Flake
I want to start off with ordering 8 oz. each and was wondering what would be the best cellaring method for these two. Would it be the same as for any tobacco? Should it be packed tight in the glass jars?
vavoritetobacco-600x219.jpg

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I beleive those are aromatics? If so aging them will not improve them, yes pack with no air in the jar would be best to keep them from aging. I'm assuming you know how to store "regular" tobacco? Everything else stays the same. Happy puffing :)

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I was not aware of the Navy flake being an aro. It's Virginia spiced with Louisiana Perique. The Bulleye Flake does have a fermented Black Cavendish center which I suppose would make it an ero.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
I don't think either are really aromatics, the navy flake is fermented with rum, but it certainly ages very well due to the large amount of quality Va in it. I pack it in mason jars, 2oz per jar, hide it in a dark drawer and forget about it. I've never tried the bullseye flake tho.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
They are not close to aromatics but they have a noticeable sweet casing. LBF is honey-like, LNF is fruitier.
I would categorize them as Virginia blends, with LBF being a light and mild Va/Per.
Black cavendish does not have to be sweetened or flavoured so no that does not make it an aromatic.
Also, I don't know about the LNF but not all "navy flakes" have rum added, either.
Anyway, just store them separately in individual mason jars of the appropriate size.
You don't want too much space in the jar nor do they need to be jam packed.
They should both benefit greatly from aging, especially the LBF.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Both will age or store nicely in a glass Mason or Ball jar .It is not so much the topping as it is the base tobacco . In this case you are in luck Virgina stores the best .

Status
Not open for further replies.