PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I found a nifty app called pipe tool on my Ipod Touch. Although it costs 3.99 it's pretty cool and well worth it. It looks as though it has every pipe tobacco imaginable with photos of the tins, ratings, tin descriptions, as well as an option to set as one of your favorites and notes. The other major feature of this app allows you to keep an inventory. The inventory system allows you to put any notes on tins you want. If you are one of those guys with a huge inventory it allows you to simply search if you are looking for a particular tin in your inventory. I don't know if there is a thread up about this already or if it was made by a member but I figured I would share. Also here are some screen shots.

mzlzycaavgc320x480-75.jpg

mzlzwuqgwim320x480-75.jpg

mzlutnmspyh320x480-75.jpg

mzlqhqpgdse320x480-75.jpg

mzlalfmnqut320x480-75.jpg

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
I'm also on Droid and it is a shame they don't make it for it.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That's too bad. Maybe you guys should email the people who made the app. I can't see it being that hard to transfer to droid. We took a trip to Michigan yesterday and when I wasn't driving I was checking out all the tobacco. If they don't have a tobacco in their database then you can actually input it yourself.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have this app and love it. The only drawback is new tobaccos are not added as they appear on tobaccoreviews.com, so new stuff you have add yourself. Adding tobaccos is very easy plus you can customize your weight measurements, do backups, email your inventory to yourself, all sorts of cool things. Definitely worth the $3.99, especially if you cellar tobacco. It even allows you to figure out how long your cellar will last based on how much you smoke.
Mike

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
cortez, don't bother. Just get an iPod Touch and use that. Way cheaper and you're not saddled with an "older" version of the iPhone for two more years while they release the new one in Sept. (I think)...
-Jason

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Wish I could make that comment topd. Fresh out of college and broke. One day I hope to have a cellar full of tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.