PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
I thought I'd celebrate the 1st official day of Fall with a bowl full of C&D Autumn Evening this afternoon in a vintage Wally Frank "Chadwick" briar. I must admit that I really enjoy this aromatic and had actually been saving it for the Fall. I find the distinct notes of maple and citrus to be very pleasing and it is definitely a very sweet blend that some may find a bit too sweet but I sort of enjoy the sweet taste myself.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My only seasonally named blend on hand is Taste of Summer, so for the first day of autumn I'm doing

C&D Big 'n Burley, which has a nice robust autumnal flavor and aroma like burning fall leaves. I grew up

in a near suburb of Chicago, and it was standard to rake your leaves to the curb and burn them. There was

even a famous cartoon run in the Chicago Tribune annually called something like "Sure Enough It's Indian

Summer," about how the smoke from burning leaves made all the Indian braves of the past come alive and

dance in the smoke. Now most urban areas demand that you bag them. However, my particular city has the

delightful service of coming by and vacuuming up piles of leaves, in my case mountains of them, mostly oak,

and carting them away to a huge composting area. Even so, I try to rake a lot of them into bushes and other

areas where I can keep some of that on my property.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm also a fan of Autumn Evening. May be time to fire some up. This is a blend for lovers of intense maple flavor. Those who are not into maple may want to pass and move on.

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
My favourite aromatic, good at anytime of the year but definitely fitting.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I too liked smoking Autumn Evening, but the more I smoke it the less I like it. It just seems to get too sweet and strongly flavored for me. So now I mix in a little 1Q to tame it down. What I do like the more I smoke it that is like AE, is Vermont Meat Candy. The maple isn't as strong, and the bacon is just a hint. But hey, its got BACON! and it's fat free. Ok, I don't know that for sure, but I believe it's true anyway... :nana:

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Though I hate to admit that I'm a slave to marketing, I really do enjoy Autumn Evening on cool evenings in the autumn -- sitting by the fire pit, a bit of chill in the air. I just wish they'd go back to the old tin art on that one. The old tin art was great, the new . . . not so much.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I keep a few Aromatics around for when I am smoking (outdoors) in the company of non-smokers. Autumn Evening is one of these blends, and I enjoy it, as does the company I keep. I also smoke aromatics when I am doing yardwork. For some reason I don't feel the need to "concentrate" on discerning the various tobacco components when I am smoking an aromatic blend, so I am free to concentrate on the task at hand. I save my English, VaPer, Virginia, Balkan, Burley, etc. blends for when I am sitting, relaxing, and can focus on their qualities.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I rarely smoke aros, but I do like the maple blends in the fall. I take an annual camping trip in the fall and always enjoy the maple blends, on hikes and sitting around the fire. I find I prefer Mcclellend's Town Topic over the AE though. To me, its got a more natural, less "chemical" taste, but both are very enjoyable smokes this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.