PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
Tried some Cavendish for the first time last night - some E. A. Carey - Classic Black Aromatic
How about some recommendations for other Cavendish to try

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
C&D's Autumn Eveing is said to be a Virginia Cavendish. Not a bad tin note on it. Smokes nicely too.

Not a 'traditional' cavendish, probably. I haven't much other Cavendish experience.

Maybe that first year I smoked pipes when I gave Luxury Bulls Eye a try, but that's really just a hint.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd order a small quantity of unflavored black Cavendish from C&D or another name blender, to try by itself and as a condiment for blends, to get the hang of what it is and isn't. As I've mentioned, C&D Tuggle Hall is a Cavendish based blend that I like a lot. Though it has Latakia and Perique, which seem to get thrown into everything (or too many) the Cavendish base makes it distinctive. The unflavored Cavendish lends volume to smoke and usually adds to an even burn. I'm interested that when Cavendish is given as a constituent of a blend, the original tobacco, nearly always Virginia or burley, isn't given. I guess they don't want to confuse the consumer.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Also, McClelland's Deep Hollow is a Virginia cavendish, but that one is going to be hard to find now that McClelland has... you know... :puffy:
Mwa-ha-ha! :twisted:
20180408_004924.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks, Cosmic. I can always learn something from Forums and from your experience growing leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.