Mar 7, 2013
--- Pipe --- --- Winner---
Jason Thompson --- Chris Stout

Steve Norse --- Matthew Riegle

Premal Chheda --- Raymond Adams

Scottie Piersel --- Juan Urquiza

Quinton Wells --- Ron Powell

Ryan Alden --- Scottie Piersel
It looks like there was no shortage of carvers helping carvers :D . Not only was a record amount raised by the event, but three of the six winning ticket buyers were carvers themselves (Chris Stout, Ron Powell, and Scottie Piersel)
Congrats to all. :puffy:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Congrats to the carvers and the organizers of the raffle. I have no congrats to the winners, as they stole my birthright to a fine new pipe, and they did nothing to be congratulated over. Damn!

. :nana:
:)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Glad they raised a hefty amount of money this year.
All is indeed going to plan. The GKCPC carving contest is the real deal. It was never intended as a sideshow or feelgood/promo event, and just keeps growing.
The purpose of last night's raffle was to support the carving contest in September. It will be ADDED to the ticket sales of the main raffle, when a world-class-quality seven day set + custom display case will be the prize.
The entire pot is then equally split by the makers of those seven pipes.
Last night's event raised $3105, which after paypal fees netted $3022.05.
So, as of this moment, each of September's seven winning carvers in September are guaranteed $431.72
Meaning---depending on the main raffle ticket sales---they could each walk away with a grand or more. 8O
See what I mean about the contest not being fluff? :lol:

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Scottie decided to the pipe she won in the drawing back into the drawing. The new winner of the Ryan Aldon pipe is Michael Lockard.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Scottie decided to the pipe she won in the drawing back into the drawing. The new winner of the Ryan Aldon pipe is Michael Lockard.
I'm not surprised. Scottie is a class act. 8)
(Board: I was at the drawing, and could see she felt awkward when her name was called. Then, afterward, she told me it had seemed only proper to support the event by buying some tickets herself---in the "If I don't walk the walk, how can I expect other people to?" sense---so she did. Never expecting to win, of course. Then, when she did, it felt anything BUT proper.)
Pretty funny, actually. :lol:
Congratulations Michael Lockard!

Status
Not open for further replies.