PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My grandpappy sure loved cars. He left me a garage full of cars with names like Ferrarri, Bugatti, and McLaren. Anybody know if these there cars might be worth anything?

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Nope not a dime. Good luck with selling them. I will give you 1.00 per lb for the scrap value. Just let me know where I can pick them up.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Unfortunately no, you are looking for names like Yugo and Trabant, those are the reals jewels of the collectible classic car world.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Dont forget the Gremlin. It is also a classic as well as Corvair and Pinto.

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
Never heard of those. I drive something called a KIA Sportage. Now let me tell you, I have to fight off the women in that thing. My wife wants me to get rid of it and get something a little more low-key, like a Porsche or something. I kinda have to agree. The gansta lifestyle I'm livin', (what with all the yachts, Dom Perignon, Armani and such), it will wear on a man after awhile.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Value depends on a lot of things....are they undriven? Smooth or sandblasted? They sound heavy so probably can't be clenched. What is the shape of the exhaust pipe? Any teeth marks?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It will/would be a full time job for the next five years or more to get top dollar out of those babies. The market is as volatile as stocks. Probably factor in auction commissions to make sure you get the deep-pocket buyers to look.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I've never owned a Ferrari but whenever I take my GT40 out for a drive I sure do meet some of the nicest people. I think it is the baby blue color they like!
2rxz036.jpg

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Your best bet is to contact Carstud and place them on his consignment site. :nana:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I went to a big car show near DC last weekend. Some of the biggest dollar cars I've seen at one show were at this event. Quite a few Ferraris,Lambo's, etc.
Pix here if any one is interested.

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/upshallfan/slideshow/MGB/Rockville%202015
The highlight was seeing Roy Rogers '41 Woody.

Status
Not open for further replies.