PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
The weather man on my tv says that his computer thinks I'm going to get 6 inches of snow Wednesday.That's a good bit if snow for my neck of the woods.Other parts of the state could get even more.Maybe the most at one time we've had in ten years.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
Probably a foot or more in NJ. My kids are cutting into their spring break with all of the missed snow days.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I'm in ne north carolina, we got the 8in a few weeks ago. I made sure to have plenty of rum, coke, and tobacco. ... and food. 8" for you and us shuts us down for a week ya know.
Good luck .. I would say to get a snow shovel but lowes probably replaced them with swimming pools by now.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
2 inches more or less here in Charlotte, with another 6" or so predicted for tomorrow...get bread and milk now, before it's all gone!

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
.. I would say to get a snow shovel but lowes probably replaced them with swimming pools by now.
I went to the local Home Depot to get a snow rake to clean the almost 3' of snow off my garage roof and found they were replaced with BBQ's and Lawn mowers. The city was sold out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You have to stay loose. Sometimes when they put out big warnings, the precipitation is modest,

and when they don't predict much, wham. My wife and I have three different events in the balance.

We have to get ready, but then we may stay home. So it goes. The last big siege of winter, or will

we have a snowy spring too? I've seen it snow on April Fools Day in N.C. Ice is worst for electric

power and travel.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
No snow here in Morehead City but freezing rain abounds. The roads are still okay but cars, trees, and power lines are frozen solid. Fearing that my apartment's pipes will go next.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Also in NJ and they are predicting a whopper. So to plan properly I am leaving for my vacation home in VT first thing in the morning :)

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Welcome to the "Canadian Invasion!!!" :nana:

Biggest difference between Americans and Canadians is that Americans will go to a hockey game and a fight will break out..... Canadians will go to a fight and have a hockey game break out!!

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
We had a snow shower last night and they are predicted an ice storm overnight here in NW Georgia. I am just happy to be out of the single digit lows.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Here in SPC land on the Grand Strand we had some 1.5 inches of "snow" last time. City services did really good on cleaning roads except for the wise idea of putting icemelt on the bridges ( going from frozen road surface to wet road surface back to frozen road surface = not so great ). The more rural areas of Horry County were more "every man for himself". No issues with power outages. If anything, those who can't drive stay home. Go a little slower and all will be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.