Capital Area Pipe Smokers Still in Business?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abram35

Lurker
Mar 16, 2012
I've recently moved to the Northern Virginia area and know of one club called CAPS (Capital Area Pipe Smokers). Unfortunately I've been unable to contact them regarding future meetings. Does anyone know if they still meet, and if so, who best to contact?
Thanks

Abram

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Abram - be sure to stop on by Morley's when you visit Philly. BTW, Steve just passed away. Abby told us he had pancreatic cancer at the May meeting. Steve was a fine gentleman and was great fun, and we will miss him.
hp

les

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I remember meeting you Abram at a Philly meeting. I'd love to participate, but there's no way I can do the drive to NOVA on a Friday evening. Enjoy the club!

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
I was a member back on 03-04...looking to rejoin. The link above does not work. Any new information on CAPS?

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
A member of our club (Pocono Intermountain Pipe Enthusiasts) goes to DC occasionally. He went to Georgetown Tobacco. The owner expressed interest in restarting a pipe club and using his store for its meetings. I guess there is an upstairs that is quite nice. So if CAPS isn't active and you're interested, you may want to talk to Georgetown Tobacco. For all I know he has started a club since this was last year my friend was talking to him.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
We were having meetings every 2 months. Week before last our president and host died suddenly. I am now working to find a place, get the web site back up and get things sorted out so we can continue a long tradition. Stay tuned and i will post the results.
Jack

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
Al,

Pocono Pipe Club meets each Thursday night, usually at El Humidor, RT 315 Plains just outside of Wilkes-Barre. Once a month (third Thursday) we meet at Harveys Lake and smoke on a pontoon boat as we sail slowly across the lake. Fourth Thursday we meet at ASH, a cigar bar owned by El Humidor and just up the road from it on Rt 315.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
We will have a meeting in Fairfax VA on the 19th of July at 7PM. if you want to go PM me and I will give the address. The club goes on. :D

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, Harvey's Lake, haven't been there in 20 years. My aunt/uncle used to live there. I'll try to catch one, that sounds pretty nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.