PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
When I smoke my pipe I find myself in a very relaxed state of body and mind. Many times, as I sit on my front porch with my gaze wandering over the horizon, my mind starts to drift and I am taken away along some wonderful daydreams. Unfortunately for me, the last couple of days I have been in a pretty foul mood. :evil: The reasons which I will not go into. The worst part of it is that I can't seem to be able to enjoy smoking my pipe. I just can't get myself into my normal calm self to sit down and enjoy a bowlful.
This is the first time since taking up pipe smoking that this has happend. Have any of you experienced this? Can you smoke your pipe when your angry?

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Yes, I have tried smoking in a foul mood. The pipe did not change the situation.
Winton

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I recommend Scotch, particularly Glen Morangie, a nice pipe full of a smooth latikia blend like GL Pease Charring Cross, and some jazz, Coltrane's A love Supreme would suffice, matched to a leather chair and dim lighting. If that does not relax you, then I don't know what will!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Crazy day today..Now a bowl of Dunhill EMP,a Ezra on the rocks,a cold beer,and Antiques Roadshow.Even if PO'd,will temper the madness :puffy:

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I am angry right now with a fifth of capt'n spiced and the pipe ain't working. What's up I got plenty to get off my chest. Pm me your number and we can get the anger out.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
haven't been really angry in over 8 yrs. I use to have major temper prob. but at 47, i guess one mellows with a bit of age. Sry to hear ya'll upset and i hope everything works out for ya

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Toker: sorry to hear that... Praying it's not you on the block or that you may find something else quickly :-(

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Sometimes you should be angry. I PMd you my actual phone number. Call me and we'll be angry together. I think you're doing great.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Can you smoke your pipe when your angry?

Fortunately for me, I have never had to try.
A pipe is a great tool to help relax which might help you cope with problems, but a pipe is not likely to remove any problems by itself.
All I can do is wish you the best and hope you can deal with whatever it is in a healthy and productive way. If venting here will help, have at it.
Best wishes, jameral. :puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I got canned from my old job back in 2009. The company I worked for didn't want to pay severance, so they basically used catch-all policy to terminate people for BS reasons. Needless to say I gave them one, but I turned it into a positive. I went back into the mortuary field, got my full license and even published two books. I'm now in a much better place with more options available to me. Looking back, I'm glad those bastards terminated me because I was very unhappy there. Best of luck to you and I'll smoke a bowl for you tonight!

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
This morning welcomed me with a slightly better outlook. I guess I did just need to vent a little. Thanks guys for lending an ear.
Toker: I hope things work out for you.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well not canned but wrote up so they are starting the paperwork trail. i am going to give them the ole rope-a-dope. will check in later with progress.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Normally, I'd have to disagree and say that my pipes usually help pick my mood up or relax me. As of late, not even my pipe is helping with my mood. On top of the stress, I was sick. So the tobacco tasted rather bland or nasty. I finally got a decent smoke in, but I still didn't enjoy it as much as I normally do.

johninkc

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2012
I have a narrow emotional range where I find it a pleasure to have a bowl.
If I'm too uptight, I'm not going to be able to get myself to the meditation a pipe and a book can give me.
If I'm too relaxed, I'm so relaxed I want to sleep, and I'm off to bed, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.