PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My cousin and her husband were camping this weekend. While they were sitting and having coffee they watched 2 separate men take their sewer hoses to empty sites and wash them out using the fawcet that people hook their water lines to. They splashed their crap all over the sites and the fawcets that people drink water from.
My cousin reported it to the site manager, but wasn't sure anything was done about it. This makes me sick, how many times has this been done and people used the fawcets to give their kids a drink of water, or bathed them in the water?
My wife has added a small bucket, purex and a jug of water to the RV supplies. The fawcet will be sterilized before we hook up.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Gross, they must of grown up in the days of throwing your crap out on the streets.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Is this a state-run or private facility? In either case, there's a reporting mechanism. Let me tell you that private facility owners are terrified of being reported to the local board of health. Ditto for a state park. My inclination would be to report these bozos to the park authorities They'll find it difficult to get into another park.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
People abusing public camp sites are dirtbags. Make me want to carry a paintball gun in the truck to "redecorate" their campers for them.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
It was a private campground on the Washington coast, but if it happened there it could happen anywhere.
At first they weren't sure what was going on, but as soon as they realized it, her husband went and reported it. The sewer rats were gone by the time he got back.
they must of grown up in the days of throwing your crap out on the streets.
My cousin did say they were at least in their 70's, but since we are all in our middle 60's (except my wife) that doesn't seem too old to know better to me.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
That's f'n gross. I've never traveled in an RV, so something like this would've never been a concern (I was a Cub Scout/Boy Scout), but that's nasty.

natibo

Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
My idea of camping is staying in a Motel instead of Hotel and I hate that! Sufficiently large cities have sufficiently large hotels which have the amenities I need and generally don't have crap sprayed everywhere.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
My wife and I love camping. Makes us upset to see and hear about people abusing camping rules.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
My idea of roughing it is a cheap Motel-6, so I doubt I'll have any personal concerns about camping out anytime in the near (or distant) future. :wink:
Pipestud

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Not only campers beware...river cruisers...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/dave-matthews-sued-dumping-chicago
That's a good indication of how most "left wing environmentally conscious" types are just in it for the money because it makes them look good and sell more albums with the college kids.
Darned Hosers...
You know, they want to invade America, and make us drink bad beer and watch hockey
We don't want your overpopulated country, we have plenty of beautiful living space. And our beer tastes like beer, which is probably why 'merican's who drink 3% flavored water are disgusted like a little kid is when you get your first sip of beer as a child. Also 4 out of the original 6 NHL teams were American so I've always thought Hockey is equally North American with probably more fans actually in the USA then Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.