PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
This afternoon, I enjoyed some time woodworking. Then I finished the time with a bowl of this blend, in my 2016 Chicago Pipe Show MM corncob. It lit easily with only one lighting. The tin note is wonderful! Smells like a mug of hot chocolate. This very subtly carries over to the taste. I found it to be a fun blend to smoke. I had to refill and enjoy more of this smoke.
The room note was also fun, with hints of cherry, oak and spalted locust sawdust! I doubt most people would detect this, unless they were smoking in my garage. I believe that the mouse that lives in my garage also enjoyed it, but he didn't show himself, only made his normal noises.
I recommend this blend, but your experience might be different than mine.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I popped a tin of this about a month ago and have enjoyed several bowls since. Sunday night I had some family over to carve pumpkins with my kids and the guests loved the room note outside on the patio. I have only tried a few aros and this one really seems to fit the fall season well.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Picked up a couple tins of this fine blend last year when it first came out. Opened & jarred the 1st tin & really found it to be a flavorful blend. Didn't finish the tin last year but just checked it this evening - while it doesn't appear to have "aged", the jar note is great & I'll spark up a bowlful tomorrow. I've developed a weakness for Holiday blends. Can't wait for this year's Peretti offering. Earlier this week I put in an order for some Straus Tobacconist "Sleepy Hollow" & "Wencelslas". Can't wait for those to show up!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Finally another Person that gets the cherry/raspberry thing. This was very off putting to me. I didn't expect that cherry fruity thing. It dies down after the divorce from the tin. I've been smoking some from last year, and I just love the stuff. It's like a OTC Burley done right. At least with a little age to get rid of the cherry note. I started out smoking this in a corn cob, but since found that a large briar dedicated to this blend is best.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
I like CCP&aBN as an occasional smoke. I like a lot of "light" aromatics (meaning just a trace of flavor/aroma), but this one and Autumn Evening are very good heavier aros IMHO. C&D seems to do the genre of decent strength aromatic very well.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I picked up a tin of this a few months ago in anticipation of the holiday season. For those who have smoked this, is it better after being jarred for awhile ? Or is out of the tin good ?

I haven’t opened the tin yet. Thanks, - Mac

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Another option that I do is to add C&D Cube Cut Burley to it. 50/50. Tones all the aromatic qualities down to a very acceptable level... plus extends your supply!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That, or adding dark Burley and possibly some white Burley to the mix, is the only way I have been able to enjoy aromatics. CCB with 25% BLWB is quite pleasant.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
That, or adding dark Burley and possibly some white Burley to the mix, is the only way I have been able to enjoy aromatics. CCB with 25% BLWB is quite pleasant.

Sounds good! I often add some brown Bogie to aros also

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I never have luck mixing tobaccos. They always taste, well, not exceptional. Aromatics do better in my pipes with at least 6 months in a jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.