C&D Christmas Blend (chestnuts roasting)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Well this is the first time I have done a review here (have done many on tobaccoreviews.com) I had very high hopes for this one as I love most christmas blends i have tried. And i love all styles of pipe tobacco too!

When i popped the tin there was a nice smell of leather and nuts, seemed just right not to moist or dry.

I loaded some up in one of my favorite pipes and at first the smell and taste seemed like a nice mild english, but then it happened! It started giving off a smell and taste that is indescribable, and not in a good way! If i could imagine what it would be like to smoke skunk fur,this would be it. To be fair burned all the way down and didnt bite. But i had to totally clean and flush my pipe with everclear to get rid of that smell. Whats really bad is i bought acouple tins of this before trying.....MY BAD

redinthehead

Lurker
Feb 1, 2013
Las Vegas
How unfortunate! Perhaps it was just that particular tin of it? Maybe you should try a couple more bowls of it, just to see if it gets any better. It took me three bowls of my first tin of tobacco to learn to appreciate it.

redinthehead

Lurker
Feb 1, 2013
Las Vegas
I think you're just trying to talk him into torturing himself
You're completely right Mike! I'm evil like that! :twisted: hahaha!
Anyways drwatson, there's probably some out there who like it and would be willing to trade for it. Maybe. Unless it's really THAT bad.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Well now this makes me leery of poping my tin of it... Maybe I'll just throw it in my closet and see how it is next Christmas.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm 2/3 through my tin with no ill effects whatsoever. I'm saving the second tin for next Fall. I like the blend as it satisfies my sweet tooth. I had Peterson's Christmas blend last year and could not smoke it because it was so sweet. I added 2 oz of latakia to tame it but it's still too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.