PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Pick up a tin at my local B&M and its only my second crumble cake. The first was C&D Blockade Runner. I should have dried it out a little more but took a chuck, crumbled it up and loading a thin wall Chacom Dublin for the drive home. Took a little to get it to stay lit (little to moist) but once it did what a great smoke. Loaded with Perique, very smooth with zero bite. Burned even and nice to a fine grey ash and will definitely be picking up some more of this grand mixture.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If it were me, I'd rub it out and let it sit in a ceramic bowl (that's what I use to dry my tobacco) for a few days. Drying out leaf brings up its flavor and gives that even burn. Sounds good!

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I have a ton aging for a at least a year despite not having tried it yet. You gave me hope that waiting was the right choice. Aged Bayou night is one of my favorites so I'm guessing chenets cake will be up there for me also. Love their heavy Perique blends. For some reason bayou morning isn't on the same level for me, though. I like it a lot but i don't love it.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I have a tin waiting! Would it be worth popping if I have several other CD vapers open already? Like Kajun kake, exclusive, night train?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Alex, Open it to seee if you like it. If you don’t like it young then you’re not going to like it aged. Especially Chenet. It goes beyond Old Joe Krantz. If you like it, stock up!

Status
Not open for further replies.