PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I plan to take advantage of the September sale at smokingpipes on C&D bulk tobacco, but haven't decided yet on the blends except for Byzantium and maybe Epiphany and Latakia. What about you?

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
This was a hard one, as I love many of their blends. I finally decided on;
Autumn Evening (my every morning smoke)

Old Joe Krantz (must have go-to)

Pegasus (new to me one to try)

Big N' Burley

Epiphany
That should keep me going a while. I was a bit bummed that Pirate Kake was not in stock.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Pirate Kake and Night Train aren't offered at SPC in bulk. You can find prepackaged 16 Oz bags of them under "tinned tobacco ". But they ain't on sale!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ordered a pound each of Pegasus and Oriental Silk. Today is payday, so will probably be getting four more pounds before the weekend, just haven't decided what I am getting yet. Also got a sample of Crooner to give a deer tongue blend a try.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Pirate Kake and Night Train aren't offered at SPC in bulk. You can find prepackaged 16 Oz bags of them under "tinned tobacco ". But they ain't on sale!
Yeah, no kidding. I ordered a few bricks of PK back in 2010 for just under $30. My how times have changed! Wish they offered Black Frigate in the pound brick.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Does SPC never offer Pirate Kake bulk? Wonder why, most others do.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I ordered:
8 oz Haunted Bookshop

8 oz Morley's Best
16 oz Bayou Morning
32 oz Star of the East

32 oz Mountain Camp

16 oz Virginia Gentleman

32 oz Billy Budd

32 oz Habana Daydream
Somehow I feel I need to order more.
Cellar is looking good these days. I did a couple bulk orders in past couple months when there were deals going on. I actually ran out of mason jars and had to wait to jar it up.

Mar 1, 2014
I was going to get some Orion's Arrow, but opted for tin of something I haven't tried yet instead.
Orion's Arrow is almost like an OTC blend, not heavy on flavour but very easy going. It has lots of Virginia and Perique so it should age well, and I would love to try throwing some Latakia in the mix and see how it turns out as a light English blend.

Dang it, now I want to try Carter Hall with Latakia.

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I received my order yesterday on the below blends (all 4 oz). I was a whee bit disappointed at the consistency of most of the blends received as the majority did not appear to have been cut/blended together well. Several of the blends reminded me of bagged mulch with quite a bit of clumpiness present. I'd be interested to know if others experienced the same.
Bayou Morning

Bayou Night

Epiphany

Old Joe Krantz

Star of the East

Super Balkan

Three Friars

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I wish they would add the flakes to bulk ... the wallet is glad they don't! :)

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Probably 1/2 lb of each:
Three Friars

Star of the East

Crooner

Billy Budd
1/4 lb of

Old Joe Krantz

Pegasus
That should do it till next time.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
I looked up Pegasus since it was in a few of your lists. I see it's labeled a Burley. I've had their Big 'n' Burley. How does this compare? I might try it.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Just bought a pound of Star of the East, and a little of this and that.
90vJqndl.jpg

kingjon

Can't Leave
Aug 27, 2013
Great opportunity to sure-up my cellar. Will be picking up Autumn Evening, Big n Burly, Founding Fathers and I'm going to try some Morley's Best.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Several of the blends reminded me of bagged mulch with quite a bit of clumpiness present.
In my view, this indicates a good natural blend comprised of tobaccos of mixed cut or moisture level. For example, mix Perique with Burley and you will get a slight clumping effect. As far as the mulchiness... it is what naturals smokers live for, I think. We're all latent gardeners.

Status
Not open for further replies.