PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Trying like crazy to like this blend. I've had about 5 bowls in corn cob pipes. This pipes have been taller then wide. So maybe the wrong pipe, maybe a wider pipe.
I've had a hard time keeping it lit even though the tobacco does not seem wet, but I'm lighting and relighting way too often. Any thoughts? So many great reviews on this blend, but I'm not about to give any stars at this point.
Would like to hear from those of you that enjoy this blend.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
It's been awhile since I've had a tin but remember it was a real tongue slapper and was a good before bedtime snack.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
It's a good one, and I've been smoking a tin I bought a few years ago. Nice stout burley blend, but never seem to have a problem with keeping it lit. Just lay out what you want to smoke for a about 20 min before loading the bowl.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
To me, BNB is the tobacco equivalent to a pot of coffee that has bin left simmering in the pot for half the morning, and I mean that in the best way. It's a robust, hearty blend without a lot of complexity. So, you don't have to think too much about it. Just puff and enjoy. I agree that it doesn't seem moist, but it still benefits from 10-15 minutes of drying time.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Big n' Burley...smells like a horse barn, strong as an ox. Pure tobacco taste, with elements of flavor that might require some slow sipping to detect, and the strength that requires slow sipping to survive.

You don't HAVE to smoke it full strength. You can cut it with something milder, like maybe Carter Hall.

I like to smoke at least one bowl at full strength every day.

I still think that it takes the palette time to acquire the benefits of burley blends. One or two bowls won't let you get where it will go.

This may be the strongest tobacco I smoke. Comparable to JKP.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I was introduced to B&B 6 yrs ago by the late great Bob Runowski (Morleysson) who sent me about 8oz to try. It knocked me on my butt and still does. Of course that original 8oz is long gone and I have purchased more since, but I think my taste for B&B has run its course. I just grew tired of it. After what I have is gone I won't be ordering anymore. It's a fantastic blend and I highly recommend it for those who like their nicotine in large doses, but I fell in love with some other blends like C&D's Billy Budd which for some reason I find to be in the same ball park as B&B (cigarish), but not as strong and Billy Budd tastes better.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Burley, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, good :)
The Burley forward blend I get at my B&M stays lit like a fuse. Sometimes I get an after taste or mustache note that I am not sure how I feel about, but I love the stuff.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Big 'n Burley. You're not going to get much nuance from this one. Big 'n Burley about covers it. But it's full strength and solid flavor. Either you really like burley or you don't. It's durable stuff, and you can smoke it dry as a bone. It can get a little harsh around the edges, so don't puff it like a steam train. Don't force it. If you don't like it, let it go. I bought mine as bulk tobacco -- never saw a tin of it.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
I tried another bowl today in a wider mouth pipes. I left the baccy out for hours, so I know it was dried out, but still had to light and relight. Plus I get super light headed with this. However I don't feel like it's an OD of nicotine. Normally when I smoke a high nic blend I know it right away.
Very surprised that I've read no reviews that suggest this is a cigar blend, but that how I would describe it. I'm going to bless a buddy of mine with this 4 oz bag. He is looking for a good cigar blend to stuff in his pipe.

historypiper

Lurker
Nov 12, 2015
Hi guys, just a quick note. A couple of you have mentioned picking up a cigar taste in BnB, actually there isn't any cigar leaf in it. Worked for C&D for 10 years is how I know for sure there's no cigar. You might be picking it up from the interplay between the Burley and Turkish. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Historypiper

Status
Not open for further replies.