PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
When I first tried Bayou Morning, I absolutely hated it. It burned my nose when exhaling, it tasted terrible, and I couldn't understand why. I jarred all the tobaccos I got in the mail before smoking any of them, and this was my second bowl of the day.
From the bag, it smelled like dark chocolate, complete with the slight sweetness in the aroma. When I opened the jar a few hours later, the aroma was different. Not in a terrible way but in a way that had me thinking I may have made a mistake. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it smelled like until just now. The aroma I get from the jar starts with a slight hint of the chocolate I smelled before, but with the sense of smells equivalent of an aftertaste, of black tea. Before the copious amounts of sugar are added that induce that sugar coma that I love so very very much in southern style tea.
The first time I loaded the pipe, I decided to load a full bowl since I haven't found a tobacco yet that I dislike (in my inconsiderable experience with pipe tobacco). Big mistake, it was terrible, I was able to go through the first bowl, and about halfway in I got a hint of flavor that resembled it's aroma from the bag. So I put it away unsatisfied and didn't touch it the next day.
I picked it up today to give it a second chance, and it was completely different. I enjoyed the subtle sweetness it has to it, and found that the flavor was greatly enhanced by not only exhaling through my nose (no burn today), but at the same time through my mouth. I smoked Bayou Morning, and it was good. So I decided to take a look through luxurytobaccoreviews.com to help discern the flavors. The presence of perique is stronger than it was with Irish Oak. But that's as far as my buds are going right now.
I will be ordering some more eventually, to age and see the difference. If you're a vaper fan, I'd say pick up some Bayou Morning and give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.