Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
What's up guys?!
How the hell is everybody?
Good good.
My question is thus: What are your gentlemen's maximum acceptable chamber widths for smoking flakes?
I know this question has been asked a thousand times, and I know of at least one feature-length article written about bowl sizes and flake tobaccos, in which the dude who wrote the article mentioned that .22mm was the largest size he suggested for smoking flakes. (Just to quickly clarify, I generally mean Virginia/Virginia-Perique flakes).
.22 mm seems kind of big to me, so this is why I ask.
I've been looking at a lot of Savinelli's billards and lovats- which seem to have chamber widths that average around .80 inches, with .85 being at the upper end of the spectrum.
Do any of you guys notice a negative difference in smoking characteristics between chamber widths of .75 and .85 inches? What's your preferred chamber width for VA/VA-PER flakes?
Thank you sirs.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have pipes from 3/4 to 13/16 and like those just fine. I would recommend grabbing yourself a Dublin with a conical bowl, it is probably my favorite shape.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
+1 Harris. Definitely a Dublin or maybe even a bent bulldog. I prefer to stay under .80 for flakes and Virginia's in general. I tend to go big for English and Aro's. .85 and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.