PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I thought this might be fun. I wanted to know what your coffee of choice is when you are smoking. And is there a tobacco blend that goes best with coffee? I'll go First:
I like Starbucks gold coast brewed in a french press(snob, I know) :nana:

A couple of blends that stick out as realy good with it are Seven Seas Gold and Frog Morton.

colorduke

Mar 5, 2011
I'm a little easier,maxwellhouse masterblend and prince albert in any drg or cob.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I love coffee and smoking. Starbucks Shade Grown Mexican Blend with Dunhill navy roll, frog morton et al, dunhill light flake.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Ok. It's just not one I've ever heard of on here and was interested, thx.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Sherlock, is that a reserve blend? Not a starbucks I'm familiar with.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
No coffee snob here, just a coffee junkie per thread title.

Yuban Dark Roast is the usual grind though I will enjoy any brew that is black and has caffeine.

Have as yet to find a coffee/tobacco combination that is special, they are all good to my tastes.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Oh don't even get me started...of late:

Dallis Bros. Finca Liquidambar with some Escudo

Monsoon Malabar with JackKnife Plug

Papa Palheta Peaberry (Singapore) with Anniversary Kake

Store Brand Instant with 1Q

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
Tim Hortons XL double double. I drink 4 aday.. Only the ones before and after work do I get to smoke with. Goes well with almost any tobaccos I've tried =D ( except sweeter baccos, probably be better if I didn't have them with sugar with though)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I like a good strong "Dark Roasted Columbian French Press" (preferred intravenously when my caffeine stream has too much blood in it) and Türk kahvesi (Turkish coffee).

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
I've found coffee and a pipe are a great combination. I'm not picky but I don't like Folgers or Maxwell House. I like a lot of the Caribou blends. Dunkin Donuts makes a good cup. I also enjoy a few of the Seattle's Best blends.

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
lion's coffee Kona Gold is my coffee of choice generally. But I have been using some other kona blend that comes in the k-cups

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Sweetmarias.com
Home roasted beans can't get any fresher. I prefer Africanbeans. Kenyan or Ethiopian can have berry like flavors. Paired with any smoke makes the pipe and the coffee better.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
dhizzy, I don't think it is a reserve. I don't keep the bag, but I'll look at it my next coffee run.

landogilbot

Lurker
Sep 15, 2011
Not much of a snob, more of a junkie. I enjoy MJB or Nabob. I hate the plastic coffee makers they drive me nutts. I grew on a farm, we had a Bunn industrial coffee maker. So did all of my family for that matter. It would brew 4 pots of coffee under 2 minutes. I currently have one at my house as well. It tends to make the best cup of joe from any bean/grind/roast that i have tried. I love the Bunn machines. Infact in my pic you can see mine behind me.
Edit: Sorry I didn't even include a tobacco. Obviously early morning pipe, Irish oak, 3p's

Status
Not open for further replies.