PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hello!
Has anyone had experience with Calabash pipes with ceramic inserts instead of Meer ones? I have my eye on a pipe and just need to know if it's going to smoke ok with ceramic.
Also, if the smoking of ceramic bowled calabashes suck (or if someone has broken a meer insert), has anyone sent one out to have a Meer insert made?
Thanks,

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
When i bought my gourd/meer the dude told me if i ever broke the bowl to bring it in and they can send it out to have a replacement made. Where that is I have no idea, but I put you in contact w/ that B&M if you need.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
HaHaaaa There is nothing wrong with a ceramic or press meerschaum bowl in a calabash pipe if you want a nice big pipe to set in your chair in the evening to enjoy.... I've seen them made with wooden bodies but haven't tried one. I do have a press meerschaum in a gourd body, I forget the maker name. Let me put it like this..... I like cob pipes..... In my early pipe smoking years, the first cobs I bought were terrible! They were full of some crap... Umm Varnish I think. You had to smoke them a dozen times to finally make them smoke properly, but, smoke properly they did after breaking in... Get the calabash shape you like and make it eventually smoke.....

Status
Not open for further replies.