PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I have been on an English/Balkan kick(still am), but wanted to just try something new for kicks. Cigr master was kind enough to send me a 1/4lb of C & D Bayou Night. I hadn't got around to trying it yet, and it sounded interesting so i gave it a go. It was very different than anything i have ever partaken in. Char light had a sweet spicy taste that i can't figure out what to compare it to. First true light.. That same taste times 10. Very different. I have to say it was plumish, and some spicy almost hot sauce flavor. I started to wonder if this was even tobacco at all. As i smoked it i started tasting a very delicate smokey hint of Latakia and a familiar Va/Per taste reminiscent of the H & H Anniversary Kake that i bought when I first picked up the pipe, but it was not in the for front. The plum/hot sauce flavor still dominated and stayed this way through out the bowl where the Va/per and Latakia came out a bit more. The nicotine level was quite a bit higher than average, but tolerable. I finished the bowl feeling as if I opened another chapter in smoking mixtures, just dont know what to actually call it yet. I do not consider myself competent enough a pipe smoker to write a review, so maybe those of you who have tried this blend can add to the review and explain the very different tobacco experience this blend has presented to me. I can't say I'm crazy about this blend, only that i'll smoke a few more bowls before i make any decisions.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Sounds like Perique to me. Perique is always plummy and spicy. the VA adds to that. Sounds like a cross between a VAPer and a Balkan. Intriguing!

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Excellent review Shawn. Definitely sounds like perique! Vapers are one of my fav's to smoke.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I believe Bayou Night is a VaBurPer. Definitely spicy I honestly didn't like it a whole lot. Not so much because of taste but because I tend to clench and draw in through my mouth out through my nostrils and this blend stings my nose like crazy! Taste wise enjoyable but not an everyday smoke for me.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
funny thing, i read this thread and decided i need to try some, since it sounds like the stuff i like. went to my "to try list" to write it down an saw bayou morning is already listed there.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Chopz, If you want, I can send you a sample on the 29th. I have a mass mailing going out to the people here i trade with. Just put your address in my inbox if you want!!

Status
Not open for further replies.