PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
New cross-grain Bull Dog from Mr. Parks.
Or so he calls it.
But the question is: is it a Bull Dog or a Bull Moose? Or a hybrid?
3dyuuXg.jpg

jasOEs3.jpg

LwMfv4U.jpg

gQnWVbd.jpg

T30u5R7.jpg

HhgdBBE.jpg

AV5D3OI.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Not qualified to classify which animal but love the grain and finish. Mummert-like shaping of the bowl bottom, which flanks get my attention as they vary from traditional shaping of this shape.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Great birdseye indeed. My understanding, however, is that a bullmoose is essentially a chubby bent Rhodesian while a bullcap is a straight Rhodesian-or at least that's what some makers and charts claim.

Dec 24, 2012
Great birdseye indeed. My understanding, however, is that a bullmoose is essentially a chubby bent Rhodesian while a bullcap is a straight Rhodesian-or at least that's what some makers and charts claim.
Jeez, you are right. Maybe the better question is bull dog or bullcap or a hybrid.

Dec 24, 2012
I almost forgot that Mr. Parks played a similar game with us once before:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-bulldog-or-a-rhodesian-you-tell-me

Jan 8, 2013
Who cares what he calls it?!? :rofl: That birdseye grain is killing me! Call it a Birdymoose, or a bullbirdy... or a bird dog... or just call it freakingawesomebulldoggymoosecapthingy.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Ignoring the disgustingly beautiful grain, amazing finish, and typical Parks mastery of prepping a pipe and focusing solely on shaping... which is asking us to overlook a lot... this shape reminds me of an homage to the “Skater” shape popularized by brands like LHS in the mid 20th century.
It’s a stunner.
— Pat

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The bead line and diamond shank are bulldog, but the rest seems to me to be hybrid -- the cylindrical bowl topped with a dome. It's an interesting shape acting as a carrier for unworldly beautiful grain. Good for Parker to see the possibilities and letting the grain guide the shape.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I cry "Bullshite!". There's no way a piece of briar could be found with that much birdseye, that has to be photoshopped. And it's not even April Fools yet!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Al, check out the birdseye on this one. Click on the pipe itself to get closeups.
https://www.alpascia.com/pipes/d/Kurt-Balleby-095-i38333.html
peck, this one has your name written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.