PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddavid

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
Hello,

I ordered some tobacco, a couple ounces of bulk and one tin, from PipesAndCigars.com, my question is how do they ship the bulk? What type of container or bag is it in when it comes?

Thanks!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
P&C ships bulk tobacco in a zip top poly bag, with a printed label describing the contents. You will want to move the contents into a Ball jar, but that label will peel off of the bag quite easily and you can stick it on the Ball jar.

ddavid

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
Thanks! I thought I would need jars so I bought some wide mouth jars at Walmart this morning.

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
I've gotten a few bulks lately (I imagine that the manner of packaging may change) but currently:
4Noggins - (One bulk, 4oz), heavy zip lock (nicely packed). Label (may come off).

Pipe Place (pipetobacco.com) - Gawith Hoggarth mixtures, 500 gram, all in factory plastic in a paper box.

PipeGuys - Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake, 250gr, factory plastic, paper box in shrink wrap.

SmokingPipes - regular zip lock, Cornell & Diehl 4oz to 8oz, with peelable labels.

Pipes and Cigars - regular zip locks with labels (may come off). Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake (1-1/2lb) in paper box with shrink wrap.
Hope that helps.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Bulk is a different animal than tinned. The buyer has a tradeoff between the time the tobacco is exposed to the air and economy. For me economy wins, and I can't say that there is a difference between the two when smoked.
I jar all bulk immediately on receipt. In fact, if I get a lot samples in baggies, if it's going to take more than several weeks to smoke them, I jar them, too.

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
Update: Put recent acquisitions in mason jars and took note of how the labels peeled.
SmokinPipes label peeled first bag and with difficulty thereafter.
4Noggins don't peel at all.
PipesAndCigars peel best of the three but took some care.

Status
Not open for further replies.