PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
On YouTube already before Sunday's big game. I think this carries over a theme from last year.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsjRRMMg_Q

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Here it is along with the backstory on why it was pulled, on GMA.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TKH8HoiI3KI

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
What were they thinking? That's just awful.

Even if I wasn't the owner of two rescue dogs I'd be hard pressed to find any humor in that ad.
On a positive note...

If Go Daddy's ad agency is looking for an employee that continuously writes script that goes over like finding a booger in the punch bowl I'm their man.

Mar 1, 2014
I don't think that the Go Daddy commercial was overly funny, but I don't think it was over-the-top either.

I'm sure the mass overreaction has more to do with brand wars than anyone's personal feelings about puppies.

I was expecting the puppy to get carried off by a vulture or something, the ending they used is fine.

Given the portrayal in the commercial I would expect dog breeders to be upset more than anyone.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
As some that works in the Animal Services field and is a big dog lover; the Go Daddy commercial isn't that big of deal. Is it PC no, but its obviously not meant to promote puppy mills either. It's just another dumb Go Daddy commercial meant to get a reaction. Well it worked! Lots of dog breeders have websites promoting the sale of their dogs. Would I like people to adopt more dogs from the shelters... yes but some people just freak out about everything. Heck, some would say the farmer in the Budweiser commercial isn't a very responsible pet owner by not keeping a better eye on his puppy. Its all a matter of perception. It's just a dumb commercial meant to be funny, but wasn't. Not a big deal, and since it was pulled and people have been talking about it being pulled Go Daddy didn't spend 4 million on the Super Bowl spot and are still getting national coverage and lots of free advertising.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
As a dog & animal lover the only thing I find offensive is carrying 3 young puppies in a cardboard box in an open pickup bed. Otherwise, purebred breeders are in the business to sell the puppies they breed. There is no indication this is a puppy mill operation. Most puppy mills are not concerned about breeds or pedigree. Rescue shelters & their clientele generally dislike breeders thinking everyone should have a rescue dog, thus some of the tweets in response to GoDaddy.
Much ado about nothing, me thinks.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
The Budweiser commercials are always my favorites. Gotta love those Clydesdales. :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.