PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I just checked with Chip Kushner at SPC regarding the NOS Bruyere St. Claudes. They do not have a line on any more of those, unfortunately, so anyone who grabbed one lucked out. I was hoping to get another one, since mine took to VA flake like a natural. I don't always smoke VA flake, but when I do, I prefer a pipe that loves it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
aldecaker, although not quite the bargain, French pipes that are comparable to the Bruyere St. Claudes are the Sebastian Beo and Genod. They are excellent light weight French pipes; the Genods have somewhat larger bowls, but either brand would make a find flake pipe. Also look at Ropp. French pipes in general are usually an excellent buy and have all the snappy traditional style of many of the more or much more expensive English pipes.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@mso489- the nice gentleman I chatted with at SPC also reccommended I check out Ropp; definitely worth looking into. I have a Wessex 601 bulldog that, in my opinion, is much more pipe than what I paid for. So I have had nothing but good experiences with French briars so far. I just really liked the classic billiard shape and super-slim lines of the BSC's. Then when I smoked mine and it gave great results, well, I just kind of wanted another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.