PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Good question! I suspect they have a narrow airway which may or may not be a big deal here. Hopefully someone will chime in. I was about to post a thread asking after the price of these pipes. Every time I go to check the page the pipes are all sold before I can even load sp!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Was hoping to get one but they got snapped up in a big hurry! :crying:

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I suspect that they are all being snapped up by one individual. I have seen them available and 10 minutes later they are all gone.

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
I was lucky that a friend grabbed on for me! When I still was considering which one to buy they all were sold! Now the wait begins. It´s a Lovat with a yellow horn stem. I am looking forward to smoking this "time capsule". :D

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Good for you stvalentine! Be sure to post up some pics and let us know how she smokes.

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
I snagged one of these, a lovat. They are definitely old stock. The wood is quite nice with no apparent fills but the draw is of the slightly restricted old school variety and it whistles a bit. Bowl drilling is accurate enough but the shank counterbore is an inch and a half deep while the metal tenon (a straight cylinder not a stinger) is only about a half inch long. The stem is an attractive dark brindled color however the button is very small thus requiring, for me, a piece of silicone tubing to make it usable. I gave it a precautionary interior cleaning and I'll smoke it tomorrow.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
There are just so many tobacco deals going on (C&D, new SL, the Cake deal w/ 4 noggins), I haven't jumped on this yet. Sounds interesting tho.
It IS amusing to watch how quick they sell....

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I saw these when they were first posted and thought of getting a couple but I did not pull the trigger. Appears my decision was a good one as I don't want a pipe with a restricted air flow, by design or not.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
I was interested in these pipes as well when I saw them in my ads on webpages. But like most everyone else, they were snatch up before I could see the pricing on them. What is the price range on these pipes?

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
[/b]WOOHOO!!! Just managed to snap up one of these little beauties!

I was browsing here on the forum when I noticed in the left hand column that Smokingpipes had 94 Fresh Bruyere St Claude pipes. I rushed to there site in a frenzy, yes a frenzy, only to find one left. Log in, whip out the MC, add to cart and check out all in record time! BOOM...got one. It's a sweet little Bruyere St Claude : Extra Acorn. A very slender, somewhat dainty looking pipe described as an acorn/pear shape. I am so excited that I was able to get one of these pipes! I'll be sure to post up a couple pics when it arrives. :D

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
Hi, I just managed to snag two of these and there are still 2 left! Hurry before these two are gone too!
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/bruyere-st-claude/

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I logged on this morning and once again they had put 72 more of these up for sale last night. But this time there were 8 left. I took a quick survey and decided to buy 2. They are both 5.5" billiards and they are very light. The first one only weighs 14 grams.

bruyere-st-claude-extra-billiard.jpg

and the second one weighs 28 grams.

bruyere-st-claude-dux-depose-billiard.jpg

They have small chambers 0.69 x 1.13

I am looking forward to giving them a try when they arrive.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
Great choices! I got a billiard as well and an apple shape. Hope they smoke as good as they look!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I believe they're now all gone. Probably another round will turn up in a week or so. I'm betting they're excellent small pipes. Those who buy 'em and smoke 'em, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.