Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is super simple, and delicious. I never knew Brussel Sprouts could be so enjoyable.
All I did was coat fresh Brussel Sprouts with EVOO, course salt, course pepper, and garlic powder, then roast at 350 for 45 mins, shaking the pan every 10 mins to move them around so they brown evenly.
It was the first time I ever saw anyone go for thirds on Brussel Sprouts.
The main dish was pork roast, accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes.
Last night's left overs are today's lunch.
If you try this, use fresh Brussel Sprouts, and remember you have to cut off the stem at the bottom and remove any yellow leaves.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Kevin... indeed, They are super good! My wife prepares them just as you described with the addition of fresh Thyme. A staple at our table.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Brusssel sprouts are yummy. I enjoy steaming them then pan frying in butter to crisp them up a bit. I realise this kills anything nutritional, but they are yummy just the same.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Brussel Sprouts?! Hoo doggie!

The next -- I say, the next thing ya know he'll be smokin' a cob!

Corn cob, that is...

Foghornleghorn.gif

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
We love brussel sprouts as well.
we like them in butter and salt YUM YUM~ lol

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Can't say I like them nasty lil mini cabbages. But I may try that method and see if I can eat them that way.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
One time this, well, she's a charlatan in my book these days, but one time this woman cooked for me. It contained brussel sprouts and I was happy. It was delicious, a proper home made meal. Never again though, because she is a crazy one.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I do dig brussel sprouts and I do make them as you describe Kevin. I sometimes squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on them as well and maybe add a bit of fresh garlic rather than garlic powder. I love those little suckers however you cook them. They do seem to be a perfect accompaniment to pork.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
All I can say is YUUUUUUUUKKKKKK!!!!!! I'd rather eat hot coals than Brussel Sprouts....just the thought make me want to drag my tongue accross the carpet, sorry guys them things are nasty....

patiobum

Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
Kevin, after reading your post, I located a large bag of Brussel sprouts at Sams club and tried your recipe. They turned out great. We had never tasted fresh sprouts till then, We had always enjoyed frozen sprouts and now are spoiled. :lol:
Thanks for sharing. :worship:

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
I'm with Tommy on this one. Brussel Sprouts taste like they smell, and they smell like old gym socks. My first wife loved them. I should have known.

Status
Not open for further replies.