Pipes Magazine » Food & Drink - Restaurants and at Home - Recipes Too

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Brown Ale, Porters, And Stouts - What's The Good Stuff?

(44 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by misterlowercase
  • Latest reply from dulgunz
  1. misterlowercase

misterlowercase

Login to Send PM

I've always been a casual beer drinker, but lately I'm getting a bit more serious with a wider variety of tastings --- there's just so much good stuff out there now!

Way back when in the pre-internet days, I got stuck on Whitbread Pale Ale and drank tons of it.

I thought all stouts tasted like Guinness so I avoided them, I'm not really a fan of the dry Irish style.
    I didn't even know English sweet stouts existed,
    but now I'm enthralled with them,
    the perfect baccy beer in my book!

Even though I did get to try Mackeson way back when (because of my fascination with Whitbread), I just wasn't ready for stouts I guess.

Now I'm going through and trying to find my faves.

The frustrating thing is how much stuff is regional and hard to get.

I doubt I'd ever got to try Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale if it wasn't for a job I was doing down in Florida and had easy access to it --- the first time I tried it, the date code on bottom indicated it was only one week old and it was absolutely delicious --- I drank 3 sixpacks of it that week!

In fact, as of now, it's my favorite brown ale.

I've even began reading beer reviews and it all seems to tie in nicely with my tobacco obsession...

It's hot outside, so an IPa or hefeweizen would fit, right? Ok, I'm going to break the trend by beating the heat with a brown ale. From a 12 ounce can, on to the beer:

The head initially forms well as it holds itself at an inch thick, then it suddently dissolves and looks like a still brown ale. It's color is closer to leather brown, and without the head, fizzy carbonation bubbles are visible from a birds-eye view. But it smells very pelasing. It smells sweet, toffee, fudge, even fruity. Very nice.

That taste, wow! Hold onto your palate, you're in for a ride! The beer starts off sweet and nutty, then a wave of smoked fruits and a touch of fudge makes this delicious brown ale even better. It's not overdone with the sweet toffee/aspect, helping create a beer that is very drinkable while being tasty.

You may not get your hands on a Huanapu, but you can easily get your hands on a Maduro Brown, and why not? This is well worth drinking.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17981/112124/

There's even crazy beer cellars and the accompanying crazy prices,
    http://mybeercellar.com/?itm=29874

I really really really want to try Three Floyds Moloko,
    but haven't been able to find a bottle yet...
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/25435/

I like how they call those big bottles "bombers".

As of now,
    Bell's Special Double Cream Stout is my fave stout.

I'm still trying to find "my" porter,
    just tonight I drank some Left Hand Black Jack and it was quite good,
    ain't tried Founders yet.

The other day tried some Horny Goat Brownie Porter and was highly impressed...

...what the brewers say:

The malt bill of this brew is comprised of seven different malts for a very complex base. We add brown sugar to the boil which will increase the alcohol content and give the beer a molasses flavor. Cinnamon is then added to the whirlpool to finish. Finally, the beer is aged on Tahitian vanilla beans and Ecuadorian cacao nibs for a true brownie flavor.

The slight cinnamon finish is indeed amazing.

Overall a very tasty porter...
    add an Alden + Warrior Plug = a fine session!

The first one I drank straight outta the can and of course the full spectrum of flavor was thus muted.

I had read about special glasses for whatever you're drinking, and it all made sense to me considering my experience with finding the right pipe for certain baccies,
    and just like pipe forums,
    there is a debate about the issue...
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/spiegelau-stout-glass.160514/

...but,
    my local had 'em available and I bought one just to find out.

tried it first with this porter and the glass did do a wonderful trick,
    in fact, I love the damn glass!
    It's a wonderful design.

Just looking for reccos in regard to browns, porters, and stouts...

...what's your favorites?

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. delkhouri

delkhouri

Login to Send PM

I really like:
    Stout - Left Hand Brewery Milk Stout
    Brown Ale - Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale
    - Brooklyn Brewery Brown Ale
    - Holy City Brewery Chucktown Follicle Brown
    - Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Ale (probably my favorite beer)

"I believe that many who find that 'nothing happens' when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand"
    ~ C.S. Lewis
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. misterlowercase

misterlowercase

Login to Send PM

Yeah,
    I really like LH Milk Stout,
    my go to lately as it's easily available.

I'm eager for the fall/winter stout season to begin!

I'm going to hoard Bell's Special Double Cream Stout because I only discovered it at the tail end of the season and only got a few sixpacks of the stuff.

Holy City Brewery Chucktown Follicle Brown

Cool!
    I'm working in the Carolinas next week and may get lucky enough to find some,
    dig the beard label!

thanks for the recco!

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. cossackjack

cossackjack

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Telluride Brewing Co's Face Down Brown Ale is a rich award winning brown, but may be difficult to find outside of Colorado. My non-beer drinking wife even likes it.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
    Specialization is for insects!" - Robert Heinlein
    Posted 3 years ago #
  5. haymarket

haymarket

Login to Send PM

An easy one to find, and certainly one of my favorites, is Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Locally, we have:
    Lancaster Brewing - Milk Stout, rich and delicous (nice dessert beer)
    Yuenglings Dark Brewed Porter is easily available here and pretty damn good.

Al

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. mvmadore

mvmadore

Login to Send PM

I'll second Left Hand Brewing Black Jack Porter...yummm
    My favorite year right now is Troeg's Troeginator...boy it is good.
    All time favorite is Troeg's Mad Elf Ale...it is awesome but a seasonal...see you closer to the holidays.

Just tried Arrogant Bastard's newest release of a Bourbon Barrel beer...it is very good but I prefer Troeginator by a whisker.

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is a very fine drink and Young's Double Chocolate Stout is dessert in a can.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  9. sjmiller

sjmiller

Login to Send PM

Okay, perhaps I am not adventurous enough but I prefer the beers from the British Isles and thus will name and endorse the obvious Newcastle Brown Ale.

At the same time, and you may pelt me with pouches of St. Bruno's Flake if you wish, I am going to go a bit off topic and add the names of three beers that fall outside of the scope of the posted search but I recommend them whenever I get into a discussion of beer. Jeer me now but you will thank me later if you heed my advice. They are:

Bellhaven Scottish Ale
    Old Speckled Hen
    The Tanner's Jack

Thank you and good day.

Abbot of the Apostles of St. Bruno
    Posted 3 years ago #
  10. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm really liking Oatmeal Stouts right now and as papipe has pointed out, Samuel Smith's is tops! Check this website for a good listing to find what might be available near you:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/style/69/

Rebels been rebels since I don't know when
    Posted 3 years ago #
  11. phred

phred

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Living in Colorado has its advantages, beer-wise.

I enjoyed the first explosion of craft brewing that grew out of the homebrewing culture here, and tend to agree that the darker stuff is preferable to lagers and pilsners (although in the summer, they can be refreshing). But it's hard to restrict myself to one particular exemplar, so I tend to look for offerings from particular breweries that do good stuff...

So - for Belgian-inspired brews, I look first to New Belgium. Their 1554 is awesome, but they also do a lot of weird experimental stuff (some of it only available at the brewery up in Ft. Collins, others marketed under the "Lips of Faith" designation) - sour beers, sessions, you name it. Standbys on the dark side include their Trippel and Abbey ales.

Left Hand is also hard to go wrong with. Their Milk Stout is a staple, especially if the pub has a nitro tap.

Ska Brewing over in Durango does a lot of good stuff - Steel Toe Stout, Nefarious Ten Pin Imperial Porter, Buster Nut Brown Ale would be the ones you're looking for.

Odell Brewing does more of the lighter side, and does it well - I'm fond of their 90 Shilling Ale - but they also have Cutthroat Porter.

Breckenridge Brewery has a Vanilla Porter that's quite nice, and an Oatmeal Stout that I like as well.

"De gustibus non est disputandum."
    Posted 3 years ago #
  12. captainprophesy

captainprophesy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Im a HUGE stout fan... pretty much all I drink is stouts and whiskey

I have a local brewery called ROK House, that the wife and I frequent (a bit too much I think) where I can relax with a nice Imperial Stout and a pipe.

Rok House Brewery - Sköl Krusher Russian Imperial Stout
    Rok House Brewery - Midnight Sun Imperial Black Ale
    Bootlegger's Brewery - Black Phoenix Chipotle Coffee Stout
    Great Divide Brewery - Yeti Imperial Stout
    Belching Beaver Brewery - Milk Stout
    Belching Beaver Brewery - Ol’ Dirty Russian Imperial Stout

These are just a few of the current favorites... but I always enjoy new beers all the time.

I carry a gun... because a cop is too heavy!
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. misterlowercase

misterlowercase

Login to Send PM

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

I've avoided Impy stouts due to the high alc,
    just not my thing,
    but I did try this recently as it is reputed to be one of the best examples,
    first glass was too cold, bitter taste,
    2nd glass warmer with the addition of 5 whoppers helped tremendously,
    I was loving it by the 4th glass!

Lancaster Brewing - Milk Stout, rich and delicous (nice dessert beer)

That sounds right up my alley!

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

Confirmed good stuff in my book,
    it's great.
    Looking for an oyster stout because I wanna see how they taste.

Haven't tried the Young's Double Chocolate Stout, gotta put it on the list!

Newcastle Brown Ale

Undoubtedly.
    One of my faves.

Bellhaven Scottish Ale

I've had a couple of Scottish ales and loved the smokiness.

Old Speckled Hen

Very good stuff indeed.

Belching Beaver Brewery - Milk Stout

Seen that online and it looks like a winner!

Ska Brewing over in Durango does a lot of good stuff - Steel Toe Stout, Nefarious Ten Pin Imperial Porter, Buster Nut Brown Ale would be the ones you're looking for.

I've seen their stuff and read about it,
    looks good and sounds good...

...the perfect match for a rocksteady session!

:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLNnFYrp8KQ

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Sammy Smith's Nut Brown Ale. Also, as you mentioned, hard to go wrong with Newcastle. BTW, if you don't like Guinness, give it another go with a different twist. After the pint has settled, slow-pour in a double shot of Jameson's. It will mix itself; I call it the "Lava Lamp" because it sort of looks like one as it mixes.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  15. misterlowercase

misterlowercase

Login to Send PM

Sammy Smith's Taddy Porter is excellent as well.

BTW, if you don't like Guinness, give it another go with a different twist. After the pint has settled, slow-pour in a double shot of Jameson's. It will mix itself; I call it the "Lava Lamp" because it sort of looks like one as it mixes.

Uh oh,
    I might get in trouble with that one!
    Sound good and I think I may try it.
    Thanks.

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bellhaven Scottish Ale

On nitrogen, probably in the running for my favorite beer.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 3 years ago #
  17. gphenry

gphenry

Login to Send PM

My brother and a good friend of ours are huge micro brew beer samplers. Ordering and traveling to try different beers from everywhere. I enjoy listening to their adventures.

I like Yuengling Lager.

I think the good stuff is what you like.

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. sjmiller

sjmiller

Login to Send PM

You might consider Guinness Extra Stout. It is different from regular Guinness but very tasty.

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yuenglings Dark Brewed Porter is easily available here and pretty damn good.

+100 (Cheap and Delightful! Also great to cook with)...

"the weez"...
    Posted 3 years ago #
  20. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

We have a new pub in town, and they offered "Not Your Fathers Rootbeer".
    http://smalltownbrewery.com/our-beers/year-round/

It tastes exactly like a good microbrewery rootbeer, but it is 5.9% alcohol. It goes down like root beer and I couldn't detect that it had alcohol at all. In fact I didn't believe it until I read the bottle. It was too sweet to drink more than one, but an interesting take on a micro-brew.

Posted 3 years ago #
  21. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

BTW, if you don't like Guinness, give it another go with a different twist. After the pint has settled, slow-pour in a double shot of Jameson's. It will mix itself; I call it the "Lava Lamp" because it sort of looks like one as it mixes.

Throw in the Bailey's and make it an Irish Car Bomb*.

*Hello, Boris. **

** if you don't get this Cold War, BB reference, pm me if interested.

Posted 3 years ago #
  22. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I deliberately omit the Baileys because I feel the sweetness kills that good high-octane, top-fuel flavor.

Posted 3 years ago #
  23. pappymac

pappymac

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Where y'at? (That's Louisianian for Where are you located?" Don't turn your palate away from a dark beer/ale/stout/porter just because it doesn't come from the British Isle. My current favorite is Bayou Teche LA31 31 Stout from a small craft brewery in the middle of nowhere (roughly 25 miles NE of Lafayette). It's a solid milk stout that has been dedicated to 31 Special Forces members who died in Afghanistan. Bayou Teche pretty much only distributes in Louisiana and Canada. Another good one is Abita Brewing Bourbon Street Baltic Porter - a porter that is aged in whiskey barrels - that has a smooth vanilla taste. Abita is distributed in a number of states.

My 3rd recommendation may be more accessible - Ommegang's Game of Thrones Take the Black Stout. Again, a good creamy black stout. I enjoyed several glasses of it last night while smoking so Nording's Hunter Blend: Retriever and it made a good match.

I am glad we have a good admin and responsible moderators.

Heave to you dark colored ship under sail! Prepare to be boarded!
    Posted 3 years ago #
  24. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Abita is a good replacement for Yuenglings when we are visiting our daughter in NOLA. I just stay away from the Turbo Dog.

Posted 3 years ago #
  25. misterlowercase

misterlowercase

Login to Send PM

Where y'at?

North Georgia,
    gotta drive 30 mins to get to a decent local,
    selection is spotty and varied.

I might give Abita Brewing Bourbon Street Baltic Porter a try if I come across it,
    but like Al, I stay away from Turbo Dog - I had high hopes for it but it was too hoppy for my tastes...

Drinking Sweetwater Georgia Brown today for the first time and it's actually pretty damn good,
    easy drinking with very nice flavors.

Posted 3 years ago #
  26. dcrguns

dcrguns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you are ever around Albuquerque, NM, try any of the La Cumbre Brewing Co. beers. They have won several awards and are an up and coming brewery. Readily available at Total Wine and many restaurants around Albuquerque. Their Malpais Stout and A Slice of Hefen are excellent. http://www.lacumbrebrewing.com.

I also drink a lot of Guinness, LH Milk Stout, Moose Drool (Big Sky Brewing), and Newcastle Brown.

So many beers to try!

Posted 3 years ago #
  27. pappymac

pappymac

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've tried Turbodog when it first came out. Haven't drank any of it since. In fact, I find most of what Abita puts out in 12 oz. bottles or can to be unexciting. The Abita beers and Ales that come in he 22 oz. bottles are several steps ahead of the rest of the Abita offerings.

Posted 3 years ago #
  28. gambit88

gambit88

Login to Send PM

Sam smiths oatmeal stout is easially the best stout I've had. Yeaungling black and tan is pretty good. We have a local brewery that makes a black ipa thats pretty tasty. I can't think of many brown ales I've had outside of sam smiths nut brown and newcastle.

One of the most interesting beers I've had was called mayan mocha stout. It was a chocolate stout with cinnamon and habanero. It was sweet with a nice little kick on the backend. I need to find more of that stuff.

Posted 3 years ago #
  29. klause

klause

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you ever get to England, head to Lewes in East Sussex, home of Harvey's Brewery - their Old Ale was sublime, while the Christmas Ale was worlds apart - nothing comes close.

They also did, dunno if they still do, a range of specialty Ales - a particular fave was Armada Ale - I'm going all dreamy just thinking about it.

Ars longa, vita brevis.

misterlowercase

Login to Send PM

Recent shindig:

Bell's Expedition Stout

Of the few Russian Imperial Stouts I've tried,
    this is the most tastiest ever.

Just drank this weekend,
    found a sixer with date code of 8/22/14
    and it is sublime,
    going back pronto to grab the 3 other 6's the store has!

This stuff is excellent for aging!

Beer cellar,
    here I come!

Love this review,
    not only does he conjure such a precise poetic vision with descriptives right on the mark,
    but he mentions MBV, one of my faves, seen them live, and underwater MBV sounds like pure bliss!

"Best part about this beer is the mouth feel. So creamy and chewy. This beer is like a jacuzzi filled with frothy cappuccino and you dunk your head under and My Bloody Valentine is flowing out of underwater speakers like milk, sending warm fuzzy vibrations deep into your brain."

SLOTHLIFE, Feb 26, 2015

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/1444/?view=beer&sort=&start=25

Honorable mention:

Terrapin Liquid Bliss

Prairie Limo Tint

And I seriously want to try Three Floyds Moloko!

Posted 3 years ago #
  31. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It will soon be the time of yr when the limited seasonal stouts & winter lagers come back around. It will be time to lay some in.

Posted 3 years ago #
  32. misterlowercase

misterlowercase

Login to Send PM

It will soon be the time of yr when the limited seasonal stouts & winter lagers come back around. It will be time to lay some in.

Hell yeah!

I'm clued in now and ready to snatch 'em up!

Posted 3 years ago #
  33. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This summer I noticed a grapefruit sour IPA & a raspberry sour IPA showing up at the tap. I tried a sample of the grapefruit sour but passed on even trying the raspberry sour. Just not my thing! Now I notice just in the last week a pumpkin ale showed up at the tap. Haven't tried a sample but I think I can safely say it's not my thing either!

Posted 3 years ago #
  34. jkrug

jkrug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I drink a lot of stouts and porters and there's been many good ones mentioned in this thread. One of my favourite porters is from a local-ish brewery, Mill Street Coffee Porter. Bold, rich, full flavoured and down right delicious!!

I also like a good black and tan....yummy.

Posted 3 years ago #
  35. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There's some good ones already mentioned, but I'll throw my list in as well. Be prepared, lol, it's a pretty lengthy list.

Here it is,

Porters:

Atwater Brewing Vanilla Java Porter
    Leinenkugels Snowdrift Vanilla Porter
    Lefthand Smoke Jumper Smoked Imperial Porter
    Terrapin Liquid Bliss
    Lefthand Black Jack Porter
    Highland Thunderstruck Coffee Porter
    Highland Oatmeal Porter
    Dia de las Muertos Pay The Ferryman Porter
    Sierra Nevada Porter
    Ballast Point Victory At Sea

Stouts:

Lefthand Milk Stout (regular and Nitro)
    Young's Double Chocolate Stout
    Narragansett Autocrat Coffee Milk Stout
    Samuel Adams Cream Stout
    The Duck Rabbit Milk Stout
    Highland Black Mocha Stout
    Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Russian Imperial Stout
    New Holland The Poet Oatmeal Stout
    Sweetwater Happy Ending Imperial Stout
    Shipyard Blue Fin Stout
    Fishtale The Hobbit: Smaug Russian Imperial Stout
    Terrapin Moo Hoo Milk Stout

Brown Ales:

Lost Coast Downtown Brown
    Chattanooga Brewing Chestnut Street Nut Brown Ale
    Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale
    Bluegrass Breweing Co. Nut Brown Ale
    Blackstone Brewing English Style Nut Brown Ale
    Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar
    Blue Moon Mountain Abbey Brown Ale
    Avery Brewing Ellie's Brown Ale

If you happen to pick up some of the Narragansett Autocrat I mentioned, you might try it like this as well..... Try pouring about 2 ounces of milk in the bottom of the glass before pouring the stout in. It's just like coffee and cream, but with a kick!

Posted 3 years ago #
  36. jkrug

jkrug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Reading through this thread gave me a hankerin' for a good stout so I went a poured me a pint of Railway City Black Coal Stout. A creamy rich stout out of St Thomas Ontario.

Posted 3 years ago #
  37. beerandbaccy

beerandbaccy

Login to Send PM

My Multi national selection:

North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
    Samuel Smiths Imperial Stout
    Driftwood Singularity Imperial Stout

Trois Mousquetaires Porter Baltique
    Meantime London Porter
    Fullers London Porter

Brooklyn Brown Ale
    Pressure Drop Stokey Brown Ale

So much good beer out there these days!!

"I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate"- George Burns
    Posted 3 years ago #
  38. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Also, to add to this, don't overlook Spiced Ales, Barleywines, and Scotch Ales either. They are very nice in the cooler weather as well.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Highland Cold Mountain Winter Ale
    Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine
    Lagunitas Brown Shugga
    Stone Arrogant Bastard
    21st. Amendment Kilt By Wildfire
    Shiner Holiday Cheer

Posted 3 years ago #
  39. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A few others I forgot about that should get honorable mention are Anchor Brewing's Porter, Stone Coffee Milk Stout, and Saw Works Chocolate Porter.

That said, I feel compelled to mention a few dark beers that I really disliked. Some of them were not all that good, some were absolutely foul!
    They are as follows;

R.J. Rockers Brown Eyed Squirrel
    Yazoo Brewing Slye Rye Porter
    Dundee Honey Brown
    KCCO Black Lager (I'm not even sure what category this falls in, but it's horrible!)

Also, I know you said you didn't like the Irish Stouts, but you might try coming back to them after trying some of these others. You never know, Guinness and Murphy's might be more appealing later on down the road!

Posted 3 years ago #
  40. misterlowercase

misterlowercase

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the adds Pete!

I especially appreciate the advice about Irish Stouts,
    you're right,
    I should revisit them at some point.

And thanks for the "shit list" too,
    I've had a couple of unbearably bad ones that were drainpours,
    and it's a real drag when that happens.

Yesterday drank an Oatmeal Yeti Imp. Stout bomber from 6/19/2014,
    it was really good, but I think I maybe should have been patient and let it age longer, the alc was still very present and hadn't really "mellowed" like it had in the Bell's.

Posted 3 years ago #
  41. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No problem Mr. LC!
    I hope you can find some of those, and I hope you enjoy them if you do find them!

Posted 3 years ago #
  42. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For those lacking the refined palate necessary for fine beer, whisky & tobacco there is always Hank's Bacon Beer.

Posted 3 years ago #
  43. gtclark

gtclark

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you can find it, drink it: Pisgah Brewing

Posted 3 years ago #
  44. dulgunz

dulgunz

Login to Send PM

I just tried the Lefthand Milk Stout Nitro, very good but it was rather flat. I did drink it at 60F which might have been the problem

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   headhunter, buzkirk, bouwser, sumusfumus