PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
A friend of mine asked if I could restore his grandfather's trusty Kaywoodie Standard pipe that he used to smoke. His grandfather died over 20 years ago and his pipe has been just been resting in a forgotten cabinet in the laundry room. When I brought it back to him, my friend's dad almost cried and thanked me for restoring his dad's Kaywoodie. They both mentioned how he would sit outside at the ranch and have a smoke or two. The pipe is no longer hidden away, the old Kaywoodie is now displayed next to a picture of his owner :) Never felt better restoring a pipe for someone.
Kaywoodie-Restored.jpg

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Looks like you did a hell of a job. Always good to have an item that brings back those memories.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Thanks guys! He told me his dad now stops and looks at the picture and the pipe more often now :)

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Awsome job! That pipe turned out stunning. I have the same pipe as that, hopefully when I restore mine it'll look half as good as yours did. :D

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
A tip of my hat, deleon...
Thanks for sharing a wonderful story, I need at least 1 of these everyday. :D

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Dude, that's an awesome job ! I've restored my share, but that is really, really well done :clap:

The fact it has this great story makes it 100 times better.
I once bought a lot in an estate sale from a girl. They were her grandfathers pipes. I asked If she wanted to see the cleaned up pipes. She didn't care enough to even give me her email to send pics :( I also helped an older lady who was selling her second husbands pipes. She was asking way too much, I told her what each pipe was, how much they were worth and that I'd even clean them up for free if she wanted to keep them. Nope...all she wanted was the money and she wouldn't come down on the price one penny.
But this story proves it remains worthwhile.... I needed that, so thanks !

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
It's nice to see important items being restored. The story behind this one is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.