Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwoodblues

Lurker
Oct 18, 2017
I was cleaning my pipes (with vodka) and I put the shank in too early, wood was swollen and thus a tight fit. Went to back it back out and it snapped. Lesson learned. What a pisser! Anyway, where can I order a replacement shank?

jKy1UIJ.jpg

The plastic insert is about 3/8" OD. The shank still goes in and feels secure, despite being missing most of the plastic insert, so I'm also wondering about using it as is if I can't get a new shank.
Thanks!

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
I very much doubt that you could order a new extension from the company. The thing to do would be to have the tenon replaced but, given the price of the pipe, it would probably make more sense to just buy a new one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MXU0ZW/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w

elwoodblues

Lurker
Oct 18, 2017
Thanks, yeah I know it might be easier just to order a new one. Looks like I might just do that. My sister got it for me as a present so I don't wanna "offend" her by shelving it. I'm guessing to replace the tenon it'd be at least $25 or $30.
Thanks!

piffyr

Apr 24, 2015
I'm guessing to replace the tenon it'd be at least $25 or $30.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe a bit of patience, postage, and a wish for a merry Christmas is all that's required. PM incoming.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
^^^ That's what I love about this place! Good on you Piffyr!!
And,this has got to be the best quote on here this week.........

and I put the shank in too early, wood was swollen and thus a tight fit. Went to back it back out and it snapped.
OUCH!! .................. :puffy:

elwoodblues

Lurker
Oct 18, 2017
Thanks for the help everyone...if I could figure out how to repair this one (or where to send it) I will pay for it. I don't wanna be a charity!

piffyr

Apr 24, 2015
if I could figure out how to repair this one (or where to send it)

Did you check your PMs?
Example of work:
1MzG6sg.jpg

eUVHx1t.jpg

For the record, yours would be much, much easier to do.
I don't wanna be a charity!

You're thinking about this the wrong way, Elwood. It's Christmastime; "peace on earth, good will toward men" and all that. I can't do anything about the first thing but I can the second, at least this once. So, take the offer so that I can go back to being a scrooge.

piffyr

Apr 24, 2015
Weird. I just checked and it was sent earlier today. Trying again.

elwoodblues

Lurker
Oct 18, 2017
Still nothing! Weird. If it doesn't come through today I'll PM my email....seriously too kind of you. Thanks!

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
I'm guessing Elwood is not looking in the right spot, I sent him a PM yesterday at noon.
Elwood, you'll find your PM's here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/pm.php

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Rescuing a pipe is a good deed indeed. This is a gift pipe and fixing it is more important than just buying a replacement. Bravo for piff'.

piffyr

Apr 24, 2015
This is a gift pipe and fixing it is more important than just buying a replacement.

Those were my thoughts exactly after hearing the story behind it.

elwoodblues

Lurker
Oct 18, 2017
Got the PM! I was checking under notifications...weird. Thanks again! Love this forum already. Hope I can give back to this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.