PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I got my Brigadier Black blends in today and the first thing I did was pop both tins because sjpipesmoker and I had a deal that we went halves on two tins, so I divvied up his share first. The tobacco in the can is not goopy at all and while it is dry for an aromatic, it still needs a little bit of air time before it is ready to smoke. The can note of Bull run is very sweet with vanilla smells and a nice natural tobacco smell, that chocolatey, raisiny type burley smell. After drying for about 20 minutes, I loaded it in my no name Bulldog and lit it up. Guys, for any aromatic fan out there, this stuff is a must. No chemical flavor at all as is the case with some aromatics, very mellow smoke with nice natural tobacco flavor. The ribbon cut burns wonderfully and there is no effort in keeping this stuff lit at all. Only took about 4 matches to make it down the entire bowl. The room note and retrohale are wonderful and it fills the nose with a wonderful, warm vanilla scent and maybe a hint of some chocolate and sugary sweetness. Burned down to a pretty dry gray ash left very little moisture in the bottom of the bowl, again, surprisingly dry for an aromatic. And while I do realize that this saying goes for almost any tobacco, if you push this tobacco I can see how there could be some potential for tongue bite, so you'll have to take care when smoking this blend. I pushed my smoke somewhat and while I got no tongue bite, the end of the bowl made me start to feel a little tingle so I backed off a bit. It'll really be a shame if this is really a limited run and is only a one time blend because for an aromatic smoke, this is a home run for me, much in the same vein as CAOs aromatic line or MacBarens 7 Seas smokes for anyone who is a fan of those types of tobaccos. Not cloying, dry burning, mellow but natural taste and a fantastic room note, if you love aromatics you need to get your hands on some of the Brigadier Black, because for the price, you cant beat it.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
thank you sir for your review. sounds like a good transition tobac for some who wants to venture into straight tobac.
take care.

mike.

Jul 15, 2011
The cut, aroma, and overall "feel" of the tobacco almost reminds me of the 7 Seas series by MacBaren, but I dont know for sure. I am really tempted to call pipes and cigars and ask them who blends those Brigadier Blends. Gonna try the Alamo tomorrow evening and see how it stacks up.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It is a very pleasant tobacco to smoke. Lots of vanilla aroma in your nose and the taste of quality tobaccos on your tongue. It smokes cool, burns evenly and leaves no goop! Also, the lanes easily peel off and have enough sticky left to paste onto a quart mason jar, so you can keep your cool tin art.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Bumping this great review. Finished my first 8oz tin and just bought another pound. Apparently not much has changed in four years since this review. I will also say this is one of the very few tobacco I'm glad I've stumbled upon.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Thankful for this bump. I enjoy occasional aros (1q and lane limited black raspberry) and have debated purchasing a couple of these. Compared to those two main lane aros, how are these tibaccos? Curious about Gettysburg and Sherman's march. I love the historical references and the tin art looks fantastic.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I've been in love with Brigadier Black Alamo for the past year. Outstanding aro and a good base for other blends if you decide to mix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.