Status
Not open for further replies.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
Just posted to TobaccoReviews.com:
Strength Flavoring Taste Room Note
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant
The Brigadier Black series, exclusive to pipesandcigars.com, caught my eye because of the names...Gettysburg, Antietam, Waterloo etc. I'm a bit of a military history fan; as good a reason as any to try a new blend.
I grabbed a tin of Antietam to start with. the description lists it as a flake, which it is not. It's mostly ribbons of VA and toasted black Cavendish with a few large chunks here and there. When opening the tin you're greeted with the expected delicious cherry aroma and also some vanilla. Vanilla isn't listed as one of the toppings but it's coming from somewhere. The tobacco is ready to go out of the tin, at least mine was. It isn't too fussy about how you pack it. It takes fire easily and you'll get to the bottom of the bowl with minimal relights.
The tobacco flavor is front and center in this blend. Grassy sweetness from the Virginias. The cherry flavor, so obvious in the tin is a bit hard to detect on smoking, at least for me. It's there, but quite subdued; I'd like it to be a little more forward. Still, if you want a cherry aromatic that doesn't ghost your pipe and turn it into a gluey, sticky mess, Antietam is worth a look. It's good. I'd give it 2.5 stars if I could. A little more cherry flavor and it'd be 3 stars easily.
Pipe Used: cobs, briars, meers
Age When Smoked: Tin fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.