PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papajoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2014
I got two pipes. One is made of Briar and the other one is made of Pear wood. Now here is my question: I smoke the same kind of tobacco in both of them. But in each one of them the smoke feels different. Not so much the taste and smell as the way it is smoked. The drew, the heat (sorry it is a bit hard to explain), and of course the smell and taste. Am I imagining things or is there a difference in smoking in different kinds of woods?

papajoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2014
I btw like smoking my pear made pipe. Is it strange? Don't Briar made pipe smoke better? :?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Pear I find has a sweeter taste than Briar, not off putting just sweeter, I do not find that when they are finally broken in that there is a big difference than Briar because the sweetness tends to go away, and the longevity of Briar vs Pear some say is a factor to choose Briar over Pear. I don't choose my pipes for longevity as I am 71 but I don't buy green bannas. :rofl:

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
I have a few Mr. Brog pear pipes. I typically save them for aromatics and my briars for "harsher" or "stronger" tobaccos (english blends, etc). Like sim said, the pear is naturally going to smoke a little sweeter. I love my pear pipes as well. But for me, the pear and briar play two different roles in my rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.