PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

psquared

Lurker
Feb 16, 2012
Since I've been lurking mostly, figured it was about time I posted up some pictures of recent additions. I like old stuff. There is a gentleman out there by the name of Steve Laug who does excellent restoration work. I picked up these beauties from him, all excellent smokers:
Peterson Sherlock Holmes

IMG_0650.JPG

Leonards

IMG_0667.JPG

Hardcastle (twin to my grandfather's pipe)

IMG_0657.JPG

Old "City Deluxe" circa early '30s I believe. A beautiful little pipe...

IMG_0661.JPG

I picked up this Savinelli Sherwood Rock Briar from a member (Paul Arms)on another forum. A great deal and another real gentleman to do business with:

MyPipes-0043-M.jpg

Finally, new briar. I've had a CW itch and found a very talented young carver who agreed to incorporate some lacewood I had into a unique and wonderful pipe. His name is Eric Archer, the brand is CEA Pipes:

CW.jpg

CW_Shank.jpg

And since people like to know who they are talking to...
IMG_0695.JPG

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
That is a fantastic churchwarden! Probably one of the (if not the) best I've ever seen.

Glad to have you around and thanks for the pictures to drool over!

psquared

Lurker
Feb 16, 2012
Thanks ichbinmuede! That picture does not do it justice. Nice wire rustication on the rim with a wave. Eric does some really nice work. BTW, are you still tired? :wink:

psquared

Lurker
Feb 16, 2012
Thanks! When Steve showed me the pic's it jumped right out. Just like my grandpa's from way back...

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Every one of your pipes looks fantastic! Really well cared for. Love that Pete and the CW is very sharp! I've been bit by the CW bug as well, and am just biding time until the right one crosses my path. A few Bjarne CW's have come close to being adopted, but no trigger pull yet! Thanks and welcome to the forum :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I follow all of Steve's posts on other forums, and have learned to pretty much mimic his steps for my own restorations. He is a fine gentleman. I just picked up a "Garfinkels" billiard from Steve. Garfinkels was a shop in Washington DC that catered to the Capital Hill crowd, including a few Presidents.
Garfinkel pipes were French-made Algerian briar.

psquared

Lurker
Feb 16, 2012
Thanks everyone for the kind words and warm welcome. Al, that's a beautiful pipe. I just couldn't be more pleased with Steve and the pipes he was able to provide me. I would also recommend anyone who is in the market for a commissioned pipe to consider Eric Archer. He does fine work.
Couple more pic's of the grain on the City Deluxe. This little pipe is an outstanding smoke, and some really nice old briar:

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.