PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
http://www.morganpipes.com/the-briar-cigar.html#.UJPv9bWe4s8
Ideas? Comments? Opinions? Pros and Cons? Worries? Excitement?

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
Man if it were half the price I might look at it more as an option for a smoke on the go such as at work or on the road...

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
They probabley work alright, I would prefer the mouthpiece to mimick puffing on a cigar a little more than that though, instead of having a traditional pipe stem on it.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
This is a variation of the old zeppelin pipes. The design has been around for probably +80 years.
zvauen-pipe-zeppelin_4.jpg

Lehmann photographed smoking what appears to be a Vauen "Zeppelin" pipe, circa 1929.
Lehmann+with+Vauen+Zeppelin.jpg

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
looks like a fancy version of "the bat" that my friends in college smoked pot out of. Its seems easy to pocket and carry, but i think its is more a novelty. I like the feel of a pipe in my hand and thats just not it

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I saw a briar cigar in action couple weeks ago. The feller professed to like it very much, but he was always fiddling with it and re-lighting it. I enjoyed a bowl of Captain Cool in the time he farted around with that ridiculous thing - seems he never got more than a few sips per light.
Having said that, this guy is a pretty fussy smoker anyway, always tamping and picking. Makes me tired to watch him. So, my observations might be a tad biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.